Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - March 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - March 2017

Happy March fellow Gardeners!

It's SILVER SPADE day! Whoo hoo! Yep...I stayed up past midnight just to collect it! I can't believe I made it to 3 months without self-destructing. LOL.

The pressure at work has eased up momentarily. Thank the heavens, as I was about to explode. And the credit gods have decided to continue to show me favor by giving me enough points to reach two more goals. Smiley Happy

I reached my first Fico 8 800 score E.V.E.R. (801 EX)! Granted it is barely 800, but it's 800! I also reached the goal of 760's across the board. I hope both of these goals hold (fingers crossed) as there are still accounts to yet report. I fully expect the revenge gods to say - wait a minute...you still got negatives on your CRs- you can't have these points - give'em back! LOL! Reminds me of the Sinefield episode "no soup for you!". Cracks me up every time.

I never expected to reach these scores - it was such an uphill battle in the beginning. It just goes to show, your scores can be stagnant for several months in a row, then BOOM!.. the flood gates open wide!  As such, try not to get too discourage when you don't see much movement for months at a time. Or worse yet, movement in the wrong direction. Hang in there... your ship is on it's way. Smiley Happy

Only trust the process, be patient, sit back, relax and let time do it's thang!

2017 Goals:

• Reach Fico 8 700+ score across the board. DONE.
  • Get Fico 8 740 or more across the board. DONE.
  • Get Fico 8 760 across the board. DONE.
  • Reach my first EVER Fico 8 800 score! DONE.
  • Get middle mortgage score to atleast 740. Still no movement in 3 months! sigh
  • STAY in the garden until close on mortgage.
  • Save up atleast 5% down for mortgage.
  • Try to get the three 30-day lates off of my CRs via GW letter.
  • Try to get the PIF State Tax lien removed from my EQ and TU reports.
  • Get Fico 8 800 across the board. EX, my cleanest file, is in 800's (barely). EQ and TU both have a PR, so I don't know if this is possible. Guess I'll find out. Smiley Wink

Until next time...

Garden Long!
Garden Strong!

Message 61 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both my wife and I are joining the Garden Club today and plan to stay in until March of 2018.  We have both made nice progress in our rebuilds after foreclousre I thought our credit lives were over so we went for many years with no CC accounts at all, just had a couple of high intrest car loans and student loans.  In summer of 2014 we had no choice but to replace one of our cars and we learned how bad our credit had become, I allowed things to go to collections and allowed some 30 day lates because I truely thought our credit lives were over.  Then I stumbled upon MyFico.com and our lives have changed for the better.  I have dealt and had all of the collections removed and the lates are ageing (we have had none since the first day I visted here).  Learning that we could rebuild was amazing.  Over the past couple of years we have added quite a few accounts that have received decent limits and grown.   We are now at the point that we have added lots of accounts, have lots of inquires and the only cards left that we are interested in we cannot qualify for until we allow our scores to grow, negatives to drop off and HP's to age and fall off.  By the end of the year most of our lates will have fallen off and our IRS lien will be withdrawn this month, I recently added a AAirlines Citi card (7k) and my wife a AMEX ED (1k) so its time to give apps a rest and see where we are in a year.  If our scores are less than 720 we will extend our gardening, if they reach that point then we will be able to apply for the CSP which is really the only card I desire that I don't have.  In the mean time I hope that we will get SP CLI's with NFCU, AMEX and Citi. 

Sorry for the long story but I thought I would provide some context.  

Message 62 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Both my wife and I are joining the Garden Club today and plan to stay in until March of 2018.  We have both made nice progress in our rebuilds after foreclousre I thought our credit lives were over so we went for many years with no CC accounts at all, just had a couple of high intrest car loans and student loans.  In summer of 2014 we had no choice but to replace one of our cars and we learned how bad our credit had become, I allowed things to go to collections and allowed some 30 day lates because I truely thought our credit lives were over.  Then I stumbled upon MyFico.com and our lives have changed for the better.  I have dealt and had all of the collections removed and the lates are ageing (we have had none since the first day I visted here).  Learning that we could rebuild was amazing.  Over the past couple of years we have added quite a few accounts that have received decent limits and grown.   We are now at the point that we have added lots of accounts, have lots of inquires and the only cards left that we are interested in we cannot qualify for until we allow our scores to grow, negatives to drop off and HP's to age and fall off.  By the end of the year most of our lates will have fallen off and our IRS lien will be withdrawn this month, I recently added a AAirlines Citi card (7k) and my wife a AMEX ED (1k) so its time to give apps a rest and see where we are in a year.  If our scores are less than 720 we will extend our gardening, if they reach that point then we will be able to apply for the CSP which is really the only card I desire that I don't have.  In the mean time I hope that we will get SP CLI's with NFCU, AMEX and Citi. 

Sorry for the long story but I thought I would provide some context.  

Hi, workingfor850! Welcome to the garden, to you and your wife! You have done an impressive amount of work to your credit, and it sounds like you have a very solid plan of action. That is awesome! I've always said, "Garden to get the cards you really want, instead of settling for the cards you can get right now." Or at least something close to that. I think you are on the right track, and look forward to seeing your journey! Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 532
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Still gardening after starting in October!  I must say I'm surprised how fast time is cruising by...though that could just be Christmas and tax season blur talking haha.

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 64 of 532
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Stories like yours is what keeps up the motivation, thank you for posting :-)

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 65 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's SILVER SPADE day! Whoo hoo! Yep...I stayed up past midnight just to collect it! I can't believe I made it to 3 months without self-destructing. LOL.

The pressure at work has eased up momentarily. Thank the heavens, as I was about to explode. And the credit gods have decided to continue to show me favor by giving me enough points to reach two more goals. Smiley Happy

I reached my first Fico 8 800 score E.V.E.R. (801 EX)! Granted it is barely 800, but it's 800! I also reached the goal of 760's across the board. I hope both of these goals hold (fingers crossed) as there are still accounts to yet report. I fully expect the revenge gods to say - wait a minute...you still got negatives on your CRs- you can't have these points - give'em back! LOL! Reminds me of the Sinefield episode "no soup for you!". Cracks me up every time.

I never expected to reach these scores - it was such an uphill battle in the beginning. It just goes to show, your scores can be stagnant for several months in a row, then BOOM!.. the flood gates open wide!  As such, try not to get too discourage when you don't see much movement for months at a time. Or worse yet, movement in the wrong direction. Hang in there... your ship is on it's way. Smiley Happy

2017 Goals:

• Get Fico 8 800 across the board. EX, my cleanest file, is in 800's (barely). EQ and TU both have a PR, so I don't know if this is possible. Guess I'll find out. Smiley Wink

Until next time...

Garden Long!
Garden Strong!

A job well done LOTR!!! ^^I agree with you 100%.

Message 66 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

2017 Goals:

Until next time...

Garden Long!
Garden Strong!

This may be a generally "noob" question, but how are you able to view the mortgage 05/04/02 scores regularly? And how are people viewing all three bureau Fico 08 scores as well?

Message 67 of 532
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

LOTR no such thing as barely 800 LOL, In fact you are so past 800, 801 to be precise, that id consider you in a league all your own. Goodness gracious man, and 800 with negs on your report , are you trying to wake up the FicanSmiley Wink

Seriously thats amazing, just imagine the look on USAA's face when you go apping for your limitless with a blessed 800!! Anarchy pure and simpleSmiley Wink Smiley Happy
Message 68 of 532
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Hard to believe we are in the month that ends the first quarter of 2017. 

So nice to see that all are doing good and that the garden is having positive effective for you all.

Have two goals for this month:

- Close one credit card and transfer the dollars equally between two other credit cards

- Product change (PC) an NFCU card to a different NFCIU card (have heard they don't do that, but am going to try)

A longer goal is to not have any credit inquiries for at least 24 months.  My last inquiry was 1-2017 or should have been.  I don't have a credit report to confirm that yet.  If NFCU will let me PC, I hope they won't do a hard pull (HP).  If they do want to do a HP, I may just close the card.  Have had the card for nearly two years and can count on one hand the number of times I have used it.

Good gardening, everyone!

Good news!  Unless something has recently changed, it's easy to PC a NFCU card.  Smiley Happy

The only (possible) caveat is that they might adjust your APR to reflect the rewards scheme of the new card... depending on what you choose that could work out to your favor, though.  Smiley Wink

That is good news Uncle B.  Plan to call later this afternoon.  Thanks for the info.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 69 of 532
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

2017 Goals:

Until next time...

Garden Long!
Garden Strong!

This may be a generally "noob" question, but how are you able to view the mortgage 05/04/02 scores regularly? And how are people viewing all three bureau Fico 08 scores as well?

AustinOK~

http://www.myfico.com/products/ultimate-three-bureau-credit-report/

This is how most ppl here get them Smiley Happy

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 70 of 532
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.