Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - September 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - September 2016

Hi, I would llike to join the garden. I've been App free since being approved for my VS card in late July, but I received an inquiries during my apartment search on wednesday. Does that mean I can't join in
Message 51 of 507
driftless
Valued Contributor

Apartment apps don't count, you start your garden clock from the hp for your VS card. Welcome!

If you want your spade, speak up and one of the moderators will add it for you if you don't have the permissions to do it yourself yet.

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 52 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I am enjoying reading everyone's posts. It sounds like a lot of good things are happening!

Just to add one, I just got a MyFico notification today that my TU 08 went up 6 points! Does TU update scores all the time on the last day of the month? They did last month too for me. I'll take it for sure!😀

Message 53 of 507
Cory
Established Contributor

Checking in on September 1st. I am currently happy with my line-up. Citi and American Express are keeping me happy. Temptation is out there though (ahem! Chase).

Message 54 of 507
defenses
Established Member

Hi all! I'm new to the garden (and the forums!). I love all of the resources, feedback, and encouragement I've seen here so I decided to join the forums about two weeks ago. I figured it was about time for me to make a post. I'll be hanging out here in the garden with everyone until I graduate from grad school (aiming for May 2018). Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 507
JustSuz

Considering entering the Garden, but not sure how to sow?

HI all!

So I "lost" my job last fall and I'm only just now back to economic stability. I've royally screwed my credit in that time (to be expected) and I want to get back on repairing it. I want to start gardening, but I don't really have any good lines of credit, that I can tell. Should I consider opening new lines of credit before entering the garden, or should I start gardening where I'm at and then in 4-6 months when I've got some space between me and the bad payments (I know I know, but I was broke) from late last year/early this year fall off, hop out of the garden to get some better cards? 

Thoughts? I'm leaning toward entering the garden, and then after the New Year seeing where things stand.

Transunion: 564
Equifax: 525

Last hard pull: Aug 24, 2014
Message 56 of 507
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: Considering entering the Garden, but not sure how to sow?

Welcome JustSuz! I see that you registered in 2011 and this is your first post? Time does help but at some point you will need a couple of cards to build with. I built with Cap One but check the rebuilding section, lots of good advice there.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 57 of 507
JustSuz

Re: Considering entering the Garden, but not sure how to sow?

Thanks Driftless! That's why I was torn. I haven't had a hard inquiry since 2014, so I am thinking I might apply for some of those "build your credit" cards and see what I can get set up with, and then plan to enter the Garden in October. 

Since 2011? Yes, with myFICO and it helped me build my credit to buy my house in 2013 (pre-bad-employment choice that left me high and dry two weeks before Christmas) - but honestly I just discovered the forums when I came back in July to as part of my "face reality" approach now that I've got enough income to pay the bills again and recover from the fiasco of the last year. I also just discovered Gardening, which I feel is a more pro-active than my previous 'wait it out' approach to credit. 

Thanks!

- S.

Transunion: 564
Equifax: 525

Last hard pull: Aug 24, 2014
Message 58 of 507
driftless
Valued Contributor

@defenses wrote:

Hi all! I'm new to the garden (and the forums!). I love all of the resources, feedback, and encouragement I've seen here so I decided to join the forums about two weeks ago. I figured it was about time for me to make a post. I'll be hanging out here in the garden with everyone until I graduate from grad school (aiming for May 2018). Smiley Happy

Welcome! It seems that we have a few grad students here.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 59 of 507
driftless
Valued Contributor

@JustSuz wrote:

Thanks Driftless! That's why I was torn. I haven't had a hard inquiry since 2014, so I am thinking I might apply for some of those "build your credit" cards and see what I can get set up with, and then plan to enter the Garden in October. 

Since 2011? Yes, with myFICO and it helped me build my credit to buy my house in 2013 (pre-bad-employment choice that left me high and dry two weeks before Christmas) - but honestly I just discovered the forums when I came back in July to as part of my "face reality" approach now that I've got enough income to pay the bills again and recover from the fiasco of the last year. I also just discovered Gardening, which I feel is a more pro-active than my previous 'wait it out' approach to credit. 

Thanks!

- S.

Yes, gardening is pro-active. It does help you get to your goals. Good luck with your decision, we look forward to having you in the garden whichever way you decide.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 60 of 507
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.