Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - September 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - September 2016

@digitaldiva wrote:

Still in the garden...26 months and counting!  Paying down accounts...and finally able to start an emergency savings account!  I know it was risky not having one, but due to major surgery earlier this year, a lot of things had to be put on the back burner; but I am feeling much better and things are starting to fall into place for me.

congrats on 26 months !! and very glad to hear you are feeling better. keep up the good work !

Message 81 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, I'm joining the garden. At this pint I have no desire to open any new CC's, I'm happy with what I have. I plan on doing SP's for CLI's on all of my CC's here and there, but I will not be opening any new ones for at least a year, if not longer Smiley Happy

Message 82 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting in. Went crazy in July and mid August and now have everything between my SO and myself that we can stay in the garden for 3+ years and be fine!

Total accounts now between us two:

Chase Freedom - $1,500

Amex Blue Cash Everyday - $1,000

Discover - $1,500

Citibank Double Cash - $4,900

Capital One Quicksilver - $3,000

Amazon Prime - $10,000

Walmart Mastercard - $8,000

Old Navy Visa - $1,000

Target Mastercard - $1,000

America First CU - $500

Message 83 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just disputed some innaccuracies on my credit report. 

Debating on closing some store cards... not sure if I want to risk poking at Synchrony right now... even with a stick.

Message 84 of 507
EW800
Valued Contributor

I am currently at about 9 months of gardening.  Hoping to make it at least another year or so, if possible!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 85 of 507
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Happy Friday everybody!

I've got the weekend off, and a deck to rebuild. 

Good times, noodle salad. 

If'n I remember, I'll post pics on Monday... I hope.  Smiley Happy

"As good As it gets," 

Jack Nicholson

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 86 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

its gonna be tough but i am on my first month of gardening :-(....11 more to go.  my SO and i went a bit crazy in aug

Personal cards this month

amex bce: 1k

PayPal Extras: 5k

Overstock: 4.8k

Walmart SC: 1k

Business accounts

Amazon revol CL: 3k

Office depot/max: 1k

Cap one Spark : 500

Newegg net55: 2.5k

Message 87 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, my secured card is finally at a zero balance.  Should I wait until it reports a zero balance on my credit report before closing it out?  Or, am I safe to go ahead and close it now.  (I'm scared that I might end up with a reporting error if I close it out now...like, closed with a balance or something crazy.  My luck.) 

Message 88 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, I'm joining the garden. At this pint I have no desire to open any new CC's, I'm happy with what I have. I plan on doing SP's for CLI's on all of my CC's here and there, but I will not be opening any new ones for at least a year, if not longer Smiley Happy

Welcome to the garden! We are glad that you are here Smiley Happy

Message 89 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning, gardening friends! Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend! 

Just watching my scores now. Looking forward to all the large payments posting and hoping my scores go up. Best of luck gardening.

Message 90 of 507
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.