Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - September 2016

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Thread - September 2016

Cant remember if i made the 2 year mark or was just a month shy of it...

Gardening for 2 years paid off generously for me.. only place it kinda dissapointed was AAoA.. I regret not applying for one more tl sooner..

-J

Message 91 of 507
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, my secured card is finally at a zero balance.  Should I wait until it reports a zero balance on my credit report before closing it out?  Or, am I safe to go ahead and close it now.  (I'm scared that I might end up with a reporting error if I close it out now...like, closed with a balance or something crazy.  My luck.) 

As long as there is not a monthly fee or a renewal in the next month.. there no harm in waiting untill they post it to the CR

I presume your talking about your secured OneUnited card..   What little i know of them. Id probably wait too.. 

If it was one of the more "known" banks id just pay it, close it, and be done...

-J

Message 92 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

7 pages already?! WOW!!

Happy September everyone! (September already...4th quarter is just around the bend). I will hit my one year in the garden at the end of this month!! 

For all my fellow Floridians -- please be careful!! All of my department at work was sent home at 3 to keep us safe -- please take care. 

Only two pages for me.

Ditto

Message 93 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two inquiries dropped off today, one from EX and one from EQ. Now at 6-6-6. No more dropoffs until January, when five more go bye bye.

Message 94 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

PIF my CSP balance yesterday like I always do, Chase reported today like always. Most of my other accounts don't report until mid month so right now it's showing I have 0 balance accross all accounts. My FICOs took a pretty big hit. -18 on EQ -15 on TU -8 on EX. Hopefully they rebound when my others report, looking like I might have 2 or 3 accounts reporting small balances in a couple weeks. I'm definitely not apping for anything any time soon so just score watching, seems like a pretty big dive in scores just for reporting no balances. Wondering what the result will be when my 3 new accounts hit. Hopefully not too bad. Hope everyone has a great weekend !!

Message 95 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checking into the Garden. I've not been very active in recent months. I had to take a break from here as I was getting too tempted to apply for cards. My plan seems to be working, as of today I got my gold spade. This is the longest I've been in the Garden since I found MF. My scores took a dip a few months ago when we refinanced our home and I financed a new Tacoma which kicked me out of the Garden, however they've been creeping back up and tomorrow on CCT I will be able to view my latest scores. I think at least 2 of them will be over 800. Hope everyone is doing well.

Message 96 of 507
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

Still in the garden...26 months and counting!  Paying down accounts...and finally able to start an emergency savings account!  I know it was risky not having one, but due to major surgery earlier this year, a lot of things had to be put on the back burner; but I am feeling much better and things are starting to fall into place for me.

congrats on 26 months !! and very glad to hear you are feeling better. keep up the good work !

Thank you!  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 97 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all! I missed the August thread but would like to check in for September.

I had to exit the garden to take care of some credit related things, but I'm back for a few months! I am working on consolidation for the time being. I expect to close my JCB and United cards this month, as they are not seeing much use and don't serve much purpose anymore. I want to simplify the credit side of my finances.

I called AmEx to cancel my Platinum card and get an annual fee refund, but they offered me a $200 statement credit to keep it open. Since that would also mean getting another $200 travel credit, that makes the effective annual fee $50. I can live with that. I may close it early next year anyway though. Hopefully I will start getting mailers for the 100k offer or something (my current Plat is the Ameriprise version).

I may close PRG and BCP. I would prefer an EDP to both, but not sure I want to open a new card. Still deciding. 

All of the images in my sig got removed as invalid HTML. Even copy-pasting the HTML from the main garden post produces the error. Anyone know what's going on? 

Happy gardening~

Message 98 of 507
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All of the images in my sig got removed as invalid HTML. Even copy-pasting the HTML from the main garden post produces the error. Anyone know what's going on? 

It's a technical issue that the forum has been struggling with...  IT is aware of it, and they'll get it fixed, we just don't know when.  Smiley Happy

Good evening boys and girls.  No credit news for us this week, and I am NOT working job B this weekend...  I am rebuilding a deck on the back of the house.  I'm only about 30 hours into it, and it looks much, MUCH better than it did already.  It's not very pretty yet, but it is complete, safe, structually sound and intact... which is the first time since we bought the home in 2013.  Smiley Happy

Progress.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 99 of 507
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a LOT this year - three new cards and a mortgage.

I would like a CLI on my Chase Freedom Unlimited and Discover IT - current limits and goals in sig. Does Chase do a hard pull for a CLI? Still trying to figure out how to get one done if possible.

I did get a $500 limit after pressing the apply button on Discover's site (it was $3000, now $3500 but didn't tell me it would be a hard pull) and hopefully I won't need an auto loan for another year. I paid my car off two years early and haven't had a loan there in over a year but I have a recent Mortgage. My AAoA is currently 1 year 9mos, if I could get that up to two years or more before I have to get a new car (hopefully one and a half to two more years) I will be happy.

I would like a State Farm VISA and I don't have any insurance with State Farm, only as I see it is hard to get approved...I want to try for it but can't stand the hard pulls or decrease in AAoA. I had quite a few this year with the mortgage.

Message 100 of 507
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.