Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club of August!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club of August!

It's almost September Smiley Happy  Do we get to reward ourselves on Labor Day?

Message 61 of 80
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ptrutkowski wrote:

Not if a new App is involved, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 62 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drkaje wrote:

@ptrutkowski wrote:

Dang Smiley Sad  Shot down.

What about CLI requests that require a hard pull? Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 80
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ptrutkowski wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ptrutkowski wrote:

Dang Smiley Sad  Shot down.

What about CLI requests that require a hard pull? Smiley Happy

That's just apping an existing account. Smiley Happy

I'm itching to ask BOA about reopening an account that dates back to 1995. I'd fall off the wagon for the increased age because it would help the score. That being said, I really don't need anything new at the moment.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 64 of 80
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

I have been focusing on rebuilding my credit in the last 3 months so unfortunately my garden only has seeds in it (9 INQ on EQ alone and all recent, OUCH!), hopefully i can get BOA to accept my GW and maybe then i can actually be approved for an unsecured card.

Message 65 of 80
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i really wanted chase freedom Smiley Tongue no more  credit card they are the devil.

>
Message 66 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far so good, no new apps, although I did try to Refi my mortgage (got a hard pull on EX -  though my fico is 683 I found out!) so I dunno if that counts as steping out of the garden.  The worst part is what they offered wouldn't save me money!    Anyway, I am still here though working on the chase and the crap1.  Chase is my go to card though and I love it!  Welcome to September (almost!)

Message 67 of 80
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Still gardening! Was getting ready to pull the trigger on an Amex BCP and Chase Freedom, but my Cap 1 statement from 8/21 has not posted on TU, so I still have 33% util. (Nice way of wasting $40). Suppose I will wait until September and then pull my score again and see if they have woken up.

So, in the end I will be a faithful member of the August Gardening Club. (Gosh, being gardening for two years, my back starts hurting.)

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 68 of 80
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

New here; it's so refreshing to see people with the same problem as me! I was worried I was alone...needing to apply every couple weeks just to get my "fix" in, I felt like some sort of addict Smiley Very Happy I often found myself wanting to fill out apps but not submit them, just to make myself feel better, but in the end I could never resist hitting that submit button when it was all filled out and ready to go. I said to myself "eh, what the hell. Let's do it" only to be disappointed most of the time.

But anyway, gardening for at least a couple months (at least, that's the plan). Currently have 3 cards as a 20 y/o college student. 

Cap1 Platinum MC: $300 CL

Cap 1 MTV Platinum Visa: $300 CL

Florida State University CU Student MC: $500 CL

My "credit steps" (or whatever it's called) for the Cap1 MC should be kicking in next statement, so my limit should be upped to $500. Still small, but the $300 limits are a joke...I spend nearly that much in one trip to the store. 

Been PIF every month, but currently waiting on a collections to be deleted from my CR's. Praying that it goes through without issues. Other than that, no baddies on my reports and I was really wanting to apply for a good rewards card after the collections gets off and my accounts age a wee bit more (all cards have been opened within the last 6 months or so). 

Wanting to go for Chase Freedom but we'll see what my scores look like (AMEX decline letter said FICO 610 a few weeks ago). Parents have multiple CC's w/ Chase and we both have checking accounts...don't know if that will grease the wheels at all or not Smiley Tongue Other than that, probably going for Citi Forward for college students or Discover for college students. Really want an AMEX Zync, but have been denied twice already so I'm waiting probably until I graduate next year to reapply for that, when I have a career and everything. 

Great site here and I'm glad to be a part of it! Been lurking for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger and join. 

Photobucket
Message 69 of 80
srharris22
Established Member

I am new to myfico.com but myself and my wife are officially joining in on the gardening.  Our scores have taken some hits from opening new credit cards but now its time to position ourselves for purchasing a home in the next 12-18 months.  Crazy thing is that my EQ and TU scores below were ugly, and I applied for the AM EX BCP card and was approved.  They sent me my Experian score which was 723 on 8/16/2011!  We now have that card, a BOA 2% on all purchases +25% if we wait until &300 to cash out (so 2.25% in other words) and the Chase Freedom 5% rotating bonuses.  The AMEX and Chase are new this month, and we plan to work on keeping the reporting balances down for a while to see how high we can get our scores.  Already disputing the only 30 day late hit on my wifes credit report (also on mine) which was to be taken off by Belks.  I have all my other baddies falling off in 2012 since they occurred in 2005.  I look forward to learning from all of you in the coming months!

Happy Gardening!

Starting Score: 674 TU 8/15/2011, 663 EQ 8/25/2011, 723 EX 8/16/2011
Mortgage App Pull (10/6/2011): 727 TU04, 685 EQ, 717 EX
Current Score: 786 EQ (9/7/12), 741 TU (9/7/12), 804 (9/7/12) all pulled for refi, then bought a car too. NEW SCORES VIA MYFICO = 770 EQ, 772 TU, 794 Exp (6/28/2013)
Goal Score: 760 by 12/2012 for all scores

Message 70 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.