Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - February 2015

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Thread - February 2015

Ugh. Had to deal with Barclays fraud protection right now. That stupid declined Sams Club purchase triggered this and they want me to take out a cash advance at a bank so they can get the account back to normal. The same thing happened with Discover and how that purchase got declined but thankfully no fraud protection to deal with and my Papa Johns purchase went through just fine. They said I would not have to accept the cash so I wouldn't have to pay any interest. Thankfully no closure or anything but I find it really weird. They wanted me to give an address from 10 years ago that I lived in and i think I was off slightly on that.

Note to self. Always take my Sams Club card to Sams Club so this doesn't ever happen again.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 91 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

Ugh. Had to deal with Barclays fraud protection right now. That stupid declined Sams Club purchase triggered this and they want me to take out a cash advance at a bank so they can get the account back to normal. The same thing happened with Discover and how that purchase got declined but thankfully no fraud protection to deal with and my Papa Johns purchase went through just fine. They said I would not have to accept the cash so I wouldn't have to pay any interest. Thankfully no closure or anything but I find it really weird. They wanted me to give an address from 10 years ago that I lived in and i think I was off slightly on that.

Note to self. Always take my Sams Club card to Sams Club so this doesn't ever happen again.

We've run like $3,700 in charges thru the Arrival+ over the last 3 weeks and no fraud alerts... I guess they know our patterns.. Smiley Tongue

Message 92 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Garden Club!!  I'm gardening Smiley Very Happy

I have my two cards (haven't recieved them yet hopefully they will be here next week) So I am planning to be in the garden for 2 years until my inquiries fall off.

Thanks so much for the inspiration!!

Welcome Aboard and All the Best with your time in the GC. Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 1,721
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

We've run like $3,700 in charges thru the Arrival+ over the last 3 weeks and no fraud alerts... I guess they know our patterns.. Smiley Tongue

Lol. I really haven't put any purchases on the card this month. It was for $170 and they freaked out over that apparently.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 94 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Lol. I really haven't put any purchases on the card this month. It was for $170 and they freaked out over that apparently.

Totally weird...Maybe not. D:

Message 95 of 1,721
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

barclay can be weird the only "purchases" i made on it have been all north of 1k each and not one fraud alert. citi and chase have been fraud alert happy though. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 96 of 1,721
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Hello all,

This is month #8 for me...yay. I will definitely get my Palladium spade next month, since there's nothing really enticing out there right now. I MIGHT be able to stretch this Garden stay out for a year...wish me luck...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 97 of 1,721
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

barclay can be weird the only "purchases" i made on it have been all north of 1k each and not one fraud alert. citi and chase have been fraud alert happy though. 

Wow.  Wonder what's up.   Never a peep so far for me.

Smiley Sad Can't believe tha game ended that way.  What was Wilson thinking?

Signature needs updating
Message 98 of 1,721
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all,

This is month #8 for me...yay. I will definitely get my Palladium spade next month, since there's nothing really enticing out there right now. I MIGHT be able to stretch this Garden stay out for a year...wish me luck...lol.

Good luck, you have a nice line up there.

Signature needs updating
Message 99 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking In!

January was good to me. I apped for the Lowe's card and was able to recon to $25k. Now double my biggest line. Gonna really put my gloves on and garden until September to let my fall inquiries age. I want to get the AARP card and maybe the BoA Cash rewards.  Goal is to up my DC CL with SP. Denied when I tired on 1/30 for too many new accounts.

Message 100 of 1,721
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.