Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - February 2015

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Thread - February 2015

@dursty87 wrote:
Just checking in!

I have now been in the garden for almost 6 weeks and counting! I plan on being here for awhile but it starts with baby steps lol. I find that it is best to stay away from the CC approvals sub forum as it makes gardening a bit easier for me anyways.

I personally find the CC approvals section helpful on an occasional basis, either for cards in my wallet, or for cards I plan to get.

However, that approach isn't for everyone.  And, if you want to research future goal cards, can always put those reports on Ice (first post in thread explains it).

EVERYONE, check back often, and try to keep up with posts, best way to keep your garden on!!

Signature needs updating
Message 61 of 1,721
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Nothing really new here to report , Amex said their investigation would be done by end of january. I called in today still no updates. Oh well I already come to realization i am probably not going to get amazon prime signup bonus. This taught me an good lesson. Next time I app for an amex card I am going to take screen shot with every step along the way when i app. I will email them my screenshots to make sure everything goes thru properly. I think i may have to do that with shopdiscover/discover deals/UR mall and all the rest as well. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 62 of 1,721
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

Nothing really new here to report , Amex said their investigation would be done by end of january. I called in today still no updates. Oh well I already come to realization i am probably not going to get amazon prime signup bonus. This taught me an good lesson. Next time I app for an amex card I am going to take screen shot with every step along the way when i app. I will email them my screenshots to make sure everything goes thru properly. I think i may have to do that with shopdiscover/discover deals/UR mall and all the rest as well. 

Sorry Mong Smiley Sad  These lenders should just live up to their end of the bargain!  Really, how much would it cost them to give you this benefit?  Peanuts -  in exchange for a satisfied and happy paying customer!  The whole thing seems silly to me.  I too will be sure to screen shot any promise I am made.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 63 of 1,721
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Sorry Mong Smiley Sad  These lenders should just live up to their end of the bargain!  Really, how much would it cost them to give you this benefit?  Peanuts -  in exchange for a satisfied and happy paying customer!  The whole thing seems silly to me.  I too will be sure to screen shot any promise I am made.

it is what it is, it was an expensive lesson to learn :-) Thats how i am looking at it now lol. When it first happened i was pretty livid about it, but i am calmed down considerably about it. 

So i am going to actually use my bce and wf cards today so they don't get shut down i don't think i have used either in last 4 or 5 months. BCE has been sd since i got edp, and my wf got sd because its pretty horrible card, but the real reason is because i am putting my cell phone bill on ink plus now. 

Message 64 of 1,721
sunkissed
Established Contributor

I had a similar experience.  Back in 2012, I responded to an invitation from USAA for their American Express card.  They were offering a 0% period, like 12 or 14 months.  I was so excited to get an invitation (my first in many years) and I trusted USAA because I am a veteran and they’re supposed to be looking out for us.  I’m a PIF type of gal, so I didn’t take advantage of the 0% offer right away.  In spring of 2013, I needed a little extra time to pay, so I let a balance ride.  Wham!  I’m hit with interest.  What?!?!  I called USAA to straighten it out, but they had no record of my 0% deal.  And unfortunately, neither did I.  I searched high and low, but didn’t save any of my initial offer details.  Expensive lesson learned.

Ironically, I have not used that card in many months (since August to be exact).  I toyed with the idea of throwing a change on it to keep it alive.  But my profile has evolved significantly since I got the card and I simply do not care if they close it for inactivity.

Side note…after my experience, I read through the reviews of this particular card on USAA’s website and discovered that I was not the only person they’ve done this to.

Life goes on...

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 65 of 1,721
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

it is what it is, it was an expensive lesson to learn :-) Thats how i am looking at it now lol. When it first happened i was pretty livid about it, but i am calmed down considerably about it. 

So i am going to actually use my bce and wf cards today so they don't get shut down i don't think i have used either in last 4 or 5 months. BCE has been sd since i got edp, and my wf got sd because its pretty horrible card, but the real reason is because i am putting my cell phone bill on ink plus now. 

Also sorry to hear.  Maybe I should take screen shots as well?  Maybe they have update on Monday, since this is the weekend?  Too bad about shop discover, will be careful with that card if/when I get it.

Signature needs updating
Message 66 of 1,721
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@NibblesTreats wrote:

Thanks HeavenlyFlower! I hope so, but I'm always skeptical so I won't get too excited until I see the "congratulations" email. Smiley Happy

Can anyone tell me why my seedling isn't showing? I have the code as the first line in my siggy but it's not working correctly for some reason. Smiley Sad

Seedling fixed.

Message 67 of 1,721
BUN
Established Contributor

Good afternoon GC! Glad it's Feb!!!
Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 68 of 1,721
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I am ready for snow fall tonight apparently seven of next ten days it will be snowing should be interesting next week. I am going to try and pay off some of my Chase card next week

Message 69 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a nice plate of fresh cornbread smothered with my lady's Southern Chili and a Grolsch to get the evening moving.

Put the plate to the sink, slid the laptop onto the table and said 'it's time'. She looked at me with those pretty green eyes, thru her hands up and said "American Express?".

Yep, logged in, went thru the updates and at 64 days got the 2k to 6k approval screen. She put her hand out and I gently laid the clear plastic in her hand as she will be going for a little shopping spree tomorrow. Smiley Sad

She said come on, we have things to do to get ready for about 10 guests for the game tonight. Nope, not yet says I. Have to inform the GC and change my 'hover' in my signature. She gives my ear lobe a flick and says fine, here's another beer and that she would get started.

This gardening is rough

Message 70 of 1,721
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.