Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden and Credit Question.

tag
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

Garden and Credit Question.

Hi!

I have two questions (probably obvious from the title of this thread) Smiley Happy

1.  Does garden "status" reset with Bill Me Later limit increase inquiries?  I was under the impression they are considered to be soft pulls.

2.  In your opinion, which is a better credit to have -- Bill Me Later or Paypal Mastercard?  Considering closing Bill Me Later, but not sure about Paypal Mastercard because I already have a couple of GE Cards and have become a little cautious after reading some recent threads.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Garden and Credit Question.

@Bluebonnet wrote:

Hi!

I have two questions (probably obvious from the title of this thread) Smiley Happy

1.  Does garden "status" reset with Bill Me Later limit increase inquiries?  I was under the impression they are considered to be soft pulls.

2.  In your opinion, which is a better credit to have -- Bill Me Later or Paypal Mastercard?  Considering closing Bill Me Later, but not sure about Paypal Mastercard because I already have a couple of GE Cards and have become a little cautious after reading some recent threads.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

1. I thought you remain in garden as long as you don't open new accounts and do not have any HP.

2. Why close bill me later if it does not report and has good 0% that can be used many places in future.

3. I like PayPal MC for PIF, if you are not going to PIF, I MUCH rather have BML.

Message 2 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Bluebonnet wrote:

Hi!

Thank you! Smiley Happy

I'll answer question #1 for you and let others weigh in on #2.

Your garden status would reset from a CLI only if it results from a HP. If it's a SP, then you retain your current status.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 9
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Bluebonnet wrote:

Hi!

Thank you! Smiley Happy

1. I thought you remain in garden as long as you don't open new accounts and do not have any HP.

2. Why close bill me later if it does not report and has good 0% that can be used many places in future.

3. I like PayPal MC for PIF, if you are not going to PIF, I MUCH rather have BML.

That's true about the garden rules, but is the Bill Me Later increase a soft pull?  I think it is, but not 100% sure.  

I don't think I can have Bill Me Later and Paypal MC at the same time.  

Thanks for your response.

Message 4 of 9
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Your garden status would reset from a CLI only if it results from a HP. If it's a SP, then your retain your current status.

If they use a credit report from 2 months ago, is that most likely a soft pull?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Bluebonnet wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Bluebonnet wrote:

Hi!

Thank you! Smiley Happy

That's true about the garden rules, but is the Bill Me Later increase a soft pull?  I think it is, but not 100% sure.  

BML should be sp and you don't request it, you just buy and if you need more credit to make the buy, they raise it.

2. bml and paypal mc are seperate, you can have both.

Message 6 of 9
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Bluebonnet wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Bluebonnet wrote:

Hi!

Thank you! Smiley Happy

BML should be sp and you don't request it, you just buy and if you need more credit to make the buy, they raise it.

2. bml and paypal mc are seperate, you can have both.

Interesting.  I was told by Paypal that I couldn't appy for a MC because I had a Bill Me Later account.  Will have to look into that further.

Message 7 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Bluebonnet wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Your garden status would reset from a CLI only if it results from a HP. If it's a SP, then your retain your current status.

If they use a credit report from 2 months ago, is that most likely a soft pull?

Thanks.

Sure sounds like it.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8 of 9
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@Bluebonnet wrote:

Interesting.  I was told by Paypal that I couldn't appy for a MC because I had a Bill Me Later account.  Will have to look into that further.

I was told the same thing, but it was a while back. Things might have changed.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.