Did you mean: 

Garden party ruined by mistake :(

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden party ruined by mistake :(

@DI wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Military service, you or an immediate family member must currently be serving or have served.

Ray

Ok.  I'll have to ask my dad if he's a member of USAA already.  He's a veteran.

If he's not already a member he can still join, and then add you as a family member.  That gives you a USAA number.  

To the OP, that's odd.  I am a full member and didn't get a pull when I opened a ck account a couple years ago.  I wonder if they changed their policy?

Message 11 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

@p- wrote:

@DI wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Military service, you or an immediate family member must currently be serving or have served.

Ray

Ok.  I'll have to ask my dad if he's a member of USAA already.  He's a veteran.

If he's not already a member he can still join, and then add you as a family member.  That gives you a USAA number.  

To the OP, that's odd.  I am a full member and didn't get a pull when I opened a ck account a couple years ago.  I wonder if they changed their policy?

My dad think he's already a member.  What do I need to do?

Message 12 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

If you call USAA, they can look up his name in their computers and if they find him as having ever been a member, then you can join as a full member.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 21
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

And if you can get in, they are great!

As long as you Dad has a member number, you are entitled to join also. If he has not yet joined, he can and that will put you in the correct position to join.

We insure the cars, the house, have Roth IRA's, and have their Master Card. A great company that appreciates their members!

DI, I hope you can get in with them!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 14 of 21
DI
Super Contributor

Sorry for the thread jack OP.  I am now a full member of USAA.  My dad was already a member and he just added me.  I'm logged into my account now.  I'm about to check out the auto insurance rates to see if I can save.  

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thread jack served a great purpose... I can become full member too! Got family that served. 

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thread jack served a great purpose... I can become full member too! Got family that served. 

I might as well do my fair share of threadjacking too - how can I check if I'm a full member or not? I have an account through my wife, and hers is through her mom (who was in the Army). When I talked to USAA a few days ago, they said we cannot get any kind of insurance through USAA since her mom has never bought insurance from USAA herself - so the feature isn't available for either my wife or me.

So that sounds like we're not full members - but at least my wife should be since her immediate family member (her mom) is, and she's the one who originally set up my wife's membership back when she was still a minor.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost all banks and credit unions pull credit on opening accounts to be in Compliance with the Patriot Act.

It establishes identity.

(thats actually what the directive is) in fact it establishes that you are not someone on a list they should not be doing business with.

yes there are other ways to do this, yes it is a choice for the bank to pull credit and not use the other work arounds, but it it what it is.

Message 18 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Almost all banks and credit unions pull credit on opening accounts to be in Compliance with the Patriot Act.

It establishes identity.

(thats actually what the directive is) in fact it establishes that you are not someone on a list they should not be doing business with.

yes there are other ways to do this, yes it is a choice for the bank to pull credit and not use the other work arounds, but it it what it is.

Some do a hard pull and others do a soft pull. I recently opened an acct at 2 CUs and they both did soft pulls ONLY to join/open the account. When it comes to applying for the CC, then they would do a hard pull. If you ask before you apply/join, they will usually tell you if it's going to be a hard or soft pull.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It establishes identity.

Some do a hard pull Which is why my keyword was almost. and others do a soft pull. I recently opened an acct at 2 CUs and they both did soft pulls ONLY to join/open the account. I believe hard pulls vs soft are "charged" at a different rate- maybe the cu went the cheaper route?. When it comes to applying for the CC, then they would do a hard pull. many banks/CUs that do the hard pull do it so at applicationn they can offer you credit products- especially LOC for checks and overdrafts. If you ask before you apply/join, they will usually tell you if it's going to be a hard or soft pull. Asking is always a good thing

Again, in my experience (keyword "my") most (keyword: "most") banks or credit unions do hard pulls on relationship inception. It would always be best to ask before you would appy if that one pull and minor score drop is a killer to you. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.