cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden tended... Time to leave for myself and my business's next step...

tag
noober0x
Established Member

Garden tended... Time to leave for myself and my business's next step...

I've been tending my garden for a few months now since I found out about the availability of cash from friends to be able to zero out my balances (showed $44 on amex by choice because all the calculators said have at least 1%...those weren't very good tacos.) So, here's my plan for the day, and after that, I don't touch my garden for 3 years plus. 

In order or priority and completion:

1. Amex Plum Card

2. Chase Bold Card

3. Refinance my work truck to a lower Apr (1.49%)

4. Get a Ford Focus Electric on lease. 

5. Request CLIs on my current Amex and 2 Chases. 

For anyone that saw my last list, you'll see my priorities have changed slightly, moving away from relying on Amex and the Capital One Spark Card (2% Cash Back) to doubling up on charge cards for safety and viability of my business. Plus, some of my vendors like Mastercard better so I might be able to eek out some savings. 

I will update this page as the day progresses. Hopefully I will have some good news! 

Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18,000; Chase Freedom - $4,500; Chase Amazon - $3,000; Chase Ink Bold - NPSL; Amex Plum - NPSL; Amex True Earnings - $30,000; eBay Mastercard - $1,500; Capital One Platinum - $500; Logix Platinum Rewards - $15,000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Garden tended... Time to leave for myself and my business's next step...

@noober0x wrote:

I've been tending my garden for a few months now since I found out about the availability of cash from friends to be able to zero out my balances (showed $44 on amex by choice because all the calculators said have at least 1%...those weren't very good tacos.) So, here's my plan for the day, and after that, I don't touch my garden for 3 years plus. 

In order or priority and completion:

1. Amex Plum Card

2. Chase Bold Card

3. Refinance my work truck to a lower Apr (1.49%)

4. Get a Ford Focus Electric on lease. 

5. Request CLIs on my current Amex and 2 Chases. 

For anyone that saw my last list, you'll see my priorities have changed slightly, moving away from relying on Amex and the Capital One Spark Card (2% Cash Back) to doubling up on charge cards for safety and viability of my business. Plus, some of my vendors like Mastercard better so I might be able to eek out some savings. 

I will update this page as the day progresses. Hopefully I will have some good news! 

Good luck to you!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
noober0x
Established Member

Damage done!  Yesterday was a heck of a day.  Here's my score card:

1. Amex Plum Card -- APPROVED!

2. Chase Bold Card -- APPROVED!

3. Refinance my work truck to a lower Apr (From 5.49% to 1.49%) -- APPROVED! 

4. Get a Ford Focus Electric on lease. -- APPROVED!  $41,630 MSRP, got the car for $257.48/month, 1k out the door, (tax inc. at 7.5%, $239/month base)

5. Request CLIs on my current Amex and 2 Chases. -- Cancelling the Chase CLIs, don't need them, just tried Amex... Declined. I'm under recon right now. Ended up CLIing a spare credit card I have with Logix from 5k to 15k.

Ah well, 4 out of 5 ain't bad, considering everything I wanted.  Now it's time to tend this garden.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18,000; Chase Freedom - $4,500; Chase Amazon - $3,000; Chase Ink Bold - NPSL; Amex Plum - NPSL; Amex True Earnings - $30,000; eBay Mastercard - $1,500; Capital One Platinum - $500; Logix Platinum Rewards - $15,000
Message 3 of 7
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! the chase bold is an awesome card. I'm sure you'll have success on your refi after a manual review - 1 point is so close! Good luck!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 7
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on all the approvals. Such agressive credit steps sometimes result in dreaded AR from Amex.

Generally recon does not work in case of Amex. I would suggest sit tight for 6 months and then apply for cli.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 6 of 7
noober0x
Established Member

Well if they try an FR I have the documents to prove it.  Plus, as was the recommendation by another user on this forum, (THANK YOU!) I got the Bold as a backup for my business.  Of course, I will find ways to utilize it and make up the AF.

Also, slid in a CLI from my credit union under the same report they pulled for my car refi.  Shot from 5k to 15k instant approval.  Small icing, but every bit helps when it comes to util.

Thank you again, of forum!  You have helped someone who thought he knew a lot about credit learn that he has so much to learn.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.