tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Gardening Advice

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High That's why I started building credit last year. To prepare for later down the road any situation that may arise where credit will be a great aid. Thank you.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Thank you lol,  I did 3x my Amex card at the beginning of this month March so it reported to the bureau. Shot up to 6k from 2k. That's seems to be the number every lender wants to start me with until I grow a relationship with them and my credit ages.

Message 13 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

If you haven't done so, I would recommend educating yourself on scoring. It will be a useful tool to learn to optimize your scores before applying for credit.

I would recommend reading the below from ABCD2199
The Truth about Credit Card Utilization
My 11 Rules to Credit Rebuilding
FICO Score: What to pay down first?

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

If you haven't done so, I would recommend educating yourself on scoring. It will be a useful tool to learn to optimize your scores before applying for credit.

I would recommend reading the below from ABCD2199
The Truth about Credit Card Utilization
My 11 Rules to Credit Rebuilding
FICO Score: What to pay down first?

I got some great reads to check out while I'm home now. Thanks

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, use this link: 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/18110...

in conjunction with this tool:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Plug in the date of your approval email as the first date and the current date in the second set of fields. This is so there's no guesstimation or accidentally submitting on Day 60. Or waiting unnecessarily. 

Keep us posted! 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.