Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening? Who needs gardening?

tag
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Gardening? Who needs gardening?

I swear I was going to TRY to garden for the next year. With recent approvals to USAA Platinum Rewards, Discover IT and Chase Freedom as well as an CLI at Cap1 I was done.  Went online to check my USAA account and there it was, a pre approved USAA American Express offer staring me right in the face. Next thing I remember, was seeing......

APPROVED for $5500. My biggest CL to date. God I hate trying to garden Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Gardening? Who needs gardening?

LOL well congrats on the approval and nice starting CL

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 15
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

congrats on the approval! but you dont need too try to do it, you just do it. 

its a mindset. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 15
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I've been just cut off by the Mrs already (in the CC arena). Now armed with a full arsenal of CC's I will garden my life away....until it's time to house hunt anyway.

Message 4 of 15
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@jocleveland wrote:

Thanks. I've been just cut off by the Mrs already (in the CC arena). Now armed with a full arsenal of CC's I will garden my life away....until it's time to house hunt anyway.

First, congrats on the new TLs.  You have some great cards.

If you are going to be house hunting, which means a mortgage, then yes, it is definitely time to make your way to the garden.  You need to let the new CCs and inquiries age. 

Message 5 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!!!

The garden calling is getting louder can you hear it? Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@jocleveland wrote:

I swear I was going to TRY to garden for the next year. With recent approvals to USAA Platinum Rewards, Discover IT and Chase Freedom as well as an CLI at Cap1 I was done.  Went online to check my USAA account and there it was, a pre approved USAA American Express offer staring me right in the face. Next thing I remember, was seeing......

APPROVED for $5500. My biggest CL to date. God I hate trying to garden Smiley Happy

I am definitely going to garden now. Im actually starting to feel a little app remorse now. 4 new cards in a period of 2 weeks is making me feel guilty. I am excited to get in with some fine prime lenders and my dream came true to get in with AMEX but there is always this little voice telling me "tsk tsk tsk".

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jocleveland wrote:

CONGRATS!!!

Gardening is something you have to WANT to do, if you don't want to do it you'll never achieve your goals.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 15
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@jocleveland wrote:

CONGRATS!!!

Gardening is something you have to WANT to do, if you don't want to do it you'll never achieve your goals.

x10000

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your approval. Just like the others have posted- gardening is a mindset.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.