Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening is difficult and my fingers are itching

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: Gardening is difficult and my fingers are itching

So, the      US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® and earn 50,000 bonus miles* is from Barclays and I've read about how they are with new accounts afterwards.  I seriously think I've already pushed the limit with Barclays in terms of new cards afterwards and so far so good -- no CLD.  I got the Rewards WMC in Aug 2014 with a $9500 limit and 0% for 18 months and then 14.99%

Maybe they would ask me to split my CL on the rewards card with the US air card.   Do you ever apply and minimize the tab and then come back to it later and act surprised? LOL

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 11 of 38
fedxboy
Established Contributor

okay, seriously....I guess I know better

Since Aug and Barclays WMC, I've opened a Chase Slate and CSP, a Toyota Rewards Visa, Capone BuyPower, Bestbuy card..........Oh and a WF Dillards Amex -- had to look at USAA credit monitoring, since I forgot. 

I best go move my car so it doesn't get towed for rush hour

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 12 of 38
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Okay went downstairs and moved the car and my glasses fogged up immediately as I walked into the corner store.  The temp gauge in the car said 14 degrees outside, not including wind chill

Anyways, I got my mail and there was in invitation to apply for the Amex Business Platinum and get 75000 points after a 5000 spend in 3 months and in my email there was a pre-approved app for their Amex Plum card  -- I don't know why they think I have my own business, but in the shredder they go........

*Edit

Unless it's standard hoopla from their marketing dept

Message 13 of 38
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

Okay went downstairs and moved the car and my glasses fogged up immediately as I walked into the corner store.  The temp gauge in the car said 14 degrees outside, not including wind chill

Anyways, I got my mail and there was in invitation to apply for the Amex Business Platinum and get 75000 points after a 5000 spend in 3 months and in my email there was a pre-approved app for their Amex Plum card  -- I don't know why they think I have my own business, but in the shredder they go........

*Edit

Unless it's standard hoopla from their marketing dept

lol at least you get offers , i haven't got an pre approved in ages, i would love to see 100k plat or 50k prg in my future,but i know better. Its not going to happen Smiley Mad

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

LOL... Gardening is difficult?

C'mon.  I love reading these threads... you people make it sound like you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat needing to inject your next credit card app.

Exactly.

I always pictured this!

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

C'mon.  I love reading these threads... you people make it sound like you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat needing to inject your next credit card app.

You mean that doesn't happen to you...?

Message 16 of 38
fedxboy
Established Contributor

There was no cold sweat last night, but I was trying to narrow down a good airline card.  I live in Cleveland, Ohio...and they have only 9 major airlines.

When I read about the US air MC....I thought sweet....you don't have to spend 3-4k in 3 months for a bonus -- just make 1 purchase and pay the annual fee of 89 bucks and you get 50,000 miles

Oh and Jetblue with Amex

Message 17 of 38
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

No it doesn't.

I set myself a goal of where I want my profile to be, and when I get there, that's it.  There is no compulsive OCD thing going on that has me thinking I need to go app.

My goal for 2014 was to garden and app at the end of the year for cards I wanted... so I did exactly that... opening 4 new accounts and closing 4 useless accounts.

My goal for 2015 is to garden for the year and evaluate my profile in December.  

Right now I'm thinking "If you app for something you will fail at your goal AND take an INQ."  So I don't...

I quit smoking the same way... LOL

Just gotta have the desire... and maybe a little willpower.  Either way, I don't need any new credit cards so I have no need to app.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

No it doesn't.

I set myself a goal of where I want my profile to be, and when I get there, that's it.  There is no compulsive OCD thing going on that has me thinking I need to go app.

My goal for 2014 was to garden and app at the end of the year for cards I wanted... so I did exactly that... opening 4 new accounts and closing 4 useless accounts.

My goal for 2015 is to garden for the year and evaluate my profile in December.  

Right now I'm thinking "If you app for something you will fail at your goal AND take an INQ."  So I don't...

I quit smoking the same way... LOL

Just gotta have the desire... and maybe a little willpower.  Either way, I don't need any new credit cards so I have no need to app.

I was kidding, of course. I will say though, I know exactly what the OP is referring to when he mentions an itchy finger. It's crazy. There is this really emotional side that wants to apply for new credit cards and that can be contained. What gets tough is when your emotional side tries to trick your rational side into believing there is a good reason to apply for each individual card...

"Well, lender X is having that $200 sign up bonus for Y card, and the sign up bonus is usually only $100. I definitely don't want to miss that." 

"All I need is a travel card to complete my collection of cards, I guess I should put in for one..."

"Just one more card, and then I'm done. I swear!"

Message 19 of 38
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It is difficult, but necessary to garden. It's better anyway, because you will end up with better limits and APR if you wait things out. If you app for 6 things and then say "just one more", it is virtually guaranteed you will not get ideal APR or limit, and you will then likely have to take HP's in the future to get that 7th card to where you want it.

I am by no means a patient person, but patience is a virtue with this. Even a couple months in between apps makes a difference.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.