Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening is difficult and my fingers are itching

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Gardening is difficult and my fingers are itching

I went 6 for 6 on my recent app spree... 4 new accounts and 2 CLIs.  No denials or recons... all instant approvals.  I'd wager it had a lot to do with spending the year in the garden and the lack of new accounts and INQ's.

Whatever works I guess... to each their own.

Maybe I will develop this OCD app complex in another year when the last derogs fall off my reports and I'm in the clear of my BK13.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 21 of 38
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

LOL... Gardening is difficult?

C'mon.  I love reading these threads... you people make it sound like you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat needing to inject your next credit card app.

You mean that doesn't happen to you...?

No it doesn't.

I set myself a goal of where I want my profile to be, and when I get there, that's it.  There is no compulsive OCD thing going on that has me thinking I need to go app.

My goal for 2014 was to garden and app at the end of the year for cards I wanted... so I did exactly that... opening 4 new accounts and closing 4 useless accounts.

My goal for 2015 is to garden for the year and evaluate my profile in December.  

Right now I'm thinking "If you app for something you will fail at your goal AND take an INQ."  So I don't...

I quit smoking the same way... LOL

Just gotta have the desire... and maybe a little willpower.  Either way, I don't need any new credit cards so I have no need to app.

I was kidding, of course. I will say though, I know exactly what the OP is referring to when he mentions an itchy finger. It's crazy. There is this really emotional side that wants to apply for new credit cards and that can be contained. What gets tough is when your emotional side tries to trick your rational side into believing there is a good reason to apply for each individual card...

"Well, lender X is having that $200 sign up bonus for Y card, and the sign up bonus is usually only $100. I definitely don't want to miss that." 

"All I need is a travel card to complete my collection of cards, I guess I should put in for one..."

"Just one more card, and then I'm done. I swear!"

+++++1   

It's like, you're feeling fine and casually reading these threads  -- thinking no more for me, I'm fine.   .....then the cycle starts

"Well, lender X is having that $200 sign up bonus for Y card, and the sign up bonus is usually only $100. I definitely don't want to miss that." 

"All I need is a travel card to complete my collection of cards, I guess I should put in for one..."

lololololololololol   thanks Jaylau17

or you convince yourself and say,  "Wow, for 89 bucks (annual fee) I can go see my best friend in Austin, Texas -- round trip  and gain a new credit card out of it.  Anyways, I haven't app'd for anything and I was just sharing.  I like some of the commenters within this site!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 22 of 38
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

I went 6 for 6 on my recent app spree... 4 new accounts and 2 CLIs.  No denials or recons... all instant approvals.  I'd wager it had a lot to do with spending the year in the garden and the lack of new accounts and INQ's.

Whatever works I guess... to each their own.

Maybe I will develop this OCD app complex in another year when the last derogs fall off my reports and I'm in the clear of my BK13.

BINGO

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fedxboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

C'mon.  I love reading these threads... you people make it sound like you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat needing to inject your next credit card app.

No it doesn't.

I set myself a goal of where I want my profile to be, and when I get there, that's it.  There is no compulsive OCD thing going on that has me thinking I need to go app.

My goal for 2014 was to garden and app at the end of the year for cards I wanted... so I did exactly that... opening 4 new accounts and closing 4 useless accounts.

Right now I'm thinking "If you app for something you will fail at your goal AND take an INQ."  So I don't...

Just gotta have the desire... and maybe a little willpower.  Either way, I don't need any new credit cards so I have no need to app.

I was kidding, of course. I will say though, I know exactly what the OP is referring to when he mentions an itchy finger. It's crazy. There is this really emotional side that wants to apply for new credit cards and that can be contained. What gets tough is when your emotional side tries to trick your rational side into believing there is a good reason to apply for each individual card...

+++++1   

It's like, you're feeling fine and casually reading these threads  -- thinking no more for me, I'm fine.   .....then the cycle starts

or you convince yourself and say,  "Wow, for 89 bucks (annual fee) I can go see my best friend in Austin, Texas -- round trip  and gain a new credit card out of it.  Anyways, I haven't app'd for anything and I was just sharing.  I like some of the commenters within this site!

Exactly how I felt when that Ritz-Carlton offer popped up. Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 38
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

No it doesn't.

+++++1   

That's me in a nutshell too. Some offers that don't come every so often are just too good for me to pass up.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 25 of 38
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

No it doesn't.

+++++1   

That's me in a nutshell too. Some offers that don't come every so often are just too good for me to pass up.

LOL some of the offers out there can be very addicting. If i were to see alaska air 50k offers come up i think it would be very very difficult for me to pass up on it. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 26 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

No it doesn't.

+++++1   

LOL some of the offers out there can be very addicting. If i were to see alaska air 50k offers come up i think it would be very very difficult for me to pass up on it. 

Not I. Couldn't get it even if I wanted it. Smiley Indifferent

Message 27 of 38
907grown
Established Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

You don't? LOL!

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 28 of 38
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@nixon are you saying you wouldn't want the boa alaska air card even if you are qualified for it or do you think its not worth it ? 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous are you saying you wouldn't want the boa alaska air card even if you are qualified for it or do you think its not worth it ? 

I'm saying I've got no chance until BoA forgives. Smiley Tongue

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.