cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General timeframe current creditors store SP data?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

General timeframe current creditors store SP data?

Between the beginning of July to now I have raised my score over 125 points, and turned my report from dirty to clean. Within the past few weeks, I have tried to request CLIs with Discover and Amex both of them have declined my request due to the fact that the scores/reports they are using are from June/July (high utilization/collection account [paid off about 20k of debt and got a collection removed])...

My overall question; is there a rule of thumb when they pull these soft pulls that they use? Should I wait for the next quarter, 6 months? Is there no set timeframe so I should just try "in the future"? 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: General timeframe current creditors store SP data?

I don't think there is a set time frame; it varies by lender. I would say wait another 2-3 months and try again.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:

I don't think there is a set time frame; it varies by lender. I would say wait another 2-3 months and try again.

Fantastic, that was some guidance I was looking for! Thanks for your input!

Message 3 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Fantastic, that was some guidance I was looking for! Thanks for your input!

You're welcome, but keep in mind, my advice is basically just an educated guess. It's quite possible you have to wait longer, like 6-12 months.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on lender but for American Express go look at the last score they have for you, they typically use that score.
when it updates, give it a few days and then go for it. They update monthly.

For other lenders, you got to do the research, I can’t tell you off the top of my head. Navys is monthly, I think is the third Thursday of the month or something. You just have to research the individual lender.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.