Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a GRIP Banks!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Get a GRIP Banks!

Declining someone with a 780 Fico for Inquiries only is insane... you are the very people that want to pull credit at every corner! UGH

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Get a GRIP Banks!

lol sorry for the denial but that means it's garden time Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
lol sorry for the denial but that means it's garden time Smiley Wink

I believe the denial was for his partner, not him...His Partner has hit a limit I believ with Citi for inquires. 

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh sorry. i don't know people on here and it didn't specify lol. be specific son!
Message 4 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
oh sorry. i don't know people on here and it didn't specify lol. be specific son!

LOL..I only know because I read about this in biz section on another post Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 29
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Who denied you?
Message 6 of 29
onstar
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Declining someone with a 780 Fico for Inquiries only is insane... you are the very people that want to pull credit at every corner! UGH

This is pretty much proof that scores alone don't mean a whole lot.

The whole scoring system needs an overhaul. I agree that inquiries have too much weight. But so does utilization (whether you pay before statement cuts or after should have ZERO effect in score, but it does). And why does using a dormant card cause you to have a ding on your score? And we can go on and on. This is why they always look at more than just your score. When one has "too many" inquiries, then the FICO is secondary (or even tertiary or quaternary or quinary or senary).

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ you just wanted to show off that you knew those words lol. google is a wonderful thing...
Message 8 of 29
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Who and how many Inquiries are we talking about? 

Message 9 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

With all due respect, you have 95 accounts, so a denial is not surprising.

Perhaps you just need to garden. Score isnt everything, as you know. And you probably wont get approved for a new card every day or two. 

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.