cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Amex CLI after BK Chapter 7 CO Anybody ?????

tag
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Getting Amex CLI after BK Chapter 7 CO Anybody ?????

Long story short when I was 19 or so I get a Amex Green charge card and after about 2 years I lost my job and filled for BK7 including Amex CO with around $650.

Didn't know jack about credit and I still didn't till a year a go after finding this site.

I applied for Sky over a year ago and got it backdated to my 1999 account with $2000 and got denied for 61 CLI and for next CLI few months after that.

There reason due to don't remember exact words but it's old delinquency.

So I thought I was stuck at $2000, decided to app for BCE and got $8800 WOW but same thing happened no 61 CLI or after for the same reason.

I do own a house and just paid off 2 cars, I know my credit is 720ish or little more.

Now what ? My CR is clean no late or anything and my BK7 comes off in 11 months.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Getting Amex CLI after BK Chapter 7 CO Anybody ?????

@DeadSpider wrote:

Long story short when I was 19 or so I get a Amex Green charge card and after about 2 years I lost my job and filled for BK7 including Amex CO with around $650.

Didn't know jack about credit and I still didn't till a year a go after finding this site.

I applied for Sky over a year ago and got it backdated to my 1999 account with $2000 and got denied for 61 CLI and for next CLI few months after that.

There reason due to don't remember exact words but it's old delinquency.

So I thought I was stuck at $2000, decided to app for BCE and got $8800 WOW but same thing happened no 61 CLI or after for the same reason.

I do own a house and just paid off 2 cars, I know my credit is 720ish or little more.

Now what ? My CR is clean no late or anything and my BK7 comes off in 11 months.

Congarts 

Amex memory is long just continue to treat them right and hopefully they will return the luv

By them approving you I would say is a step in the right direction it will just take time

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
GoingTo800
Contributor

I'm surprised you were able to get a amex with a bk! Grats on that
Equifax Feb 2012 690
TU Feb 2012 720
Message 3 of 6
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Does Amex combine credit limits ? Maybe I can apply for one more and later on combine them all to my BCE !

Message 4 of 6
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@DeadSpider wrote:

Does Amex combine credit limits ? Maybe I can apply for one more and later on combine them all to my BCE !

Yup, but I believe the donor card needs to be open atleast 13 months

Message 5 of 6
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Can i app for BCP ? I allready have BCE

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.