cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Capital One to verify new card/lift restriction?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting Capital One to verify new card/lift restriction?

I have had a Quicksilver for years. Going on a trip soon so I applied for the Venture and was instantly approved, yay, except they wanted me to do a phone text message verification which wouldn't work. Called them and they said it was because I have a pre paid phone. They sent me a link to upload ID which I did. I still have not received the card in the mail. Got a voicemail today from Cap One, they have ''an important message''. I call back and they first won't speak to me because I cant give them the card number (I haven't received it yet) then they claim they didn't call and they will let me know the outcome of the security check ''soon''. I asked if that would be by mail/email/phone and they couldn't answer. This was so not worth the triple pull. I've been a customer since 2012, what a pain this is.

Has anyone else been put under a fraid check after being approved? How was it resolved and how long? Did you have to wait for a snail mail letter? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Getting Capital One to verify new card/lift restriction?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had a Quicksilver for years. Going on a trip soon so I applied for the Venture and was instantly approved, yay, except they wanted me to do a phone text message verification which wouldn't work. Called them and they said it was because I have a pre paid phone. They sent me a link to upload ID which I did. I still have not received the card in the mail. Got a voicemail today from Cap One, they have ''an important message''. I call back and they first won't speak to me because I cant give them the card number (I haven't received it yet) then they claim they didn't call and they will let me know the outcome of the security check ''soon''. I asked if that would be by mail/email/phone and they couldn't answer. This was so not worth the triple pull. I've been a customer since 2012, what a pain this is.

Has anyone else been put under a fraid check after being approved? How was it resolved and how long? Did you have to wait for a snail mail letter? 

@Anonymous   Welcome To myFICO Forums!!!

I do not really know how Capital One works?, But I would call and escalate to a Manager. 7 years as a customer. I would expect a little more.

and not settle for less. IMHO

Also some others might chime in on what steps to take.

Message 2 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous   Welcome To myFICO Forums!!!

I do not really know how Capital One works?, But I would call and escalate to a Manager. 7 years as a customer. I would expect a little more.

and not settle for less. IMHO

Also some others might chime in on what steps to take.

Agree 100%!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 7
fuzzle
Regular Contributor

Think it's pretty normal for CapOne, even before they had 100 million accounts hacked. If they want to check if you receive mail at the address on your report you're going to have to wait. Opening cards in your name for scammers also would be a hassle

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Burner phone... check. Apply for upper tier credit card... check. Leaving the country... check. Capital One on Defcon 1 alert... check. 😂
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Burner phone... check. Apply for upper tier credit card... check. Leaving the country... check. Capital One on Defcon 1 alert... check. 😂

The OP didn't say anything about "leaving the country"... what they said is that they were going on a trip soon.

Otherwise, this is standard Capital One verification procedure when they can't verify by phone or the applicant has moved withing the previous 6 months.  And given the recent data breach, they probably are even on higher alert.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was being facetious but in Cap1's mind he may as well have been on his way to the DRC. Lol
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.