Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting My Chase Card to a Siggy

tag
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting My Chase Card to a Siggy

If you don't need/ want CSP then use Freedom for 6 months, ask for CLI to $5K or more, then at the same time when approved ask for the upgrade to Signature. It's going to be HP this way or another.
Message 11 of 19
samm90
New Contributor

As to why... because we can. Also I'm pretty sure I read the account has to be a year old to PC.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 12 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@samm90 wrote:
As to why... because we can. Also I'm pretty sure I read the account has to be a year old to PC.

Right, but there are other things you also "can" do, so the question is reasonable.  With a more specific answer, the group might be able to suggest additional alternatives, or perhaps correct misconceptions.   Trying to get a card to $5K and then attempting conversion may or may not be the best use of HPs, inqs etc.

But I do understand:  there is a higher tier, so people want it.  The question is, should they care!

Message 13 of 19
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Well I would really like the logo on my card lol. Or at least get my card to a $5k or higher limit then get an AMEX. 

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 14 of 19
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@samm90 wrote:

Right, but there are other things you also "can" do, so the question is reasonable.  With a more specific answer, the group might be able to suggest additional alternatives, or perhaps correct misconceptions.   Trying to get a card to $5K and then attempting conversion may or may not be the best use of HPs, inqs etc.

But I do understand:  there is a higher tier, so people want it.  The question is, should they care!

Chase is very stingy with the upgrade, holding onto the 12 month thing. I was asked to call when I applied for the United Ex card, with the analyst on the phone she approved me with a 3.5k limit, i immediatly asked for more and while still on the phone she approved me for 6k; still got a non signature and chase isn't willing to change it for 12 months. 

Message 15 of 19
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@samm90 wrote:

Chase is very stingy with the upgrade, holding onto the 12 month thing. I was asked to call when I applied for the United Ex card, with the analyst on the phone she approved me with a 3.5k limit, i immediatly asked for more and while still on the phone she approved me for 6k; still got a non signature and chase isn't willing to change it for 12 months. 

Hm...I am wondering why would they be so stingy to hand out Signature product when they make more profit charging merchants higher fees when Signature is swiped ???

Message 16 of 19
w003ptr
Contributor

@samm90 wrote:

Ok so you're going to waste a HP to try and get a visa sig upgrade even though you don't need it? 

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 17 of 19
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

The signature part is cool, I pray I never need to put a charge on my CSP that would exceed its 10k CL, at least not if I have to pay the bill.

The only part of the signature part that is interesting lately there has been various deals that give a moving movie pass or something when you pay with a Signature card, that is about it. Conceirge services really don't interest me, I am far better with google and finding deals than most why would I want to over pay to save or 15 minutes of my time, of course the savings come at the cost i probably need to call and spend 10 minuutes explaining what I want anyway.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 18 of 19
samm90
New Contributor

Previously I already stated I will wait at least a year before initiating a cli request. At this point in my credit journey a single HP will probably be worth it. Of course I will be trying for sp cli's with discover and amex in the meantime. I have 3 or less hp's on each report and I hope they will all be over a year old in 12 months. I don't plan to add any more tl's for a while and want to grow my current cards so I will be pursuing any possible cli, upgrade and apr reduction with my resources.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.