Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Second USB Cash+?

tag
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Getting a Second USB Cash+?

Can you have two US Bank Cash+ cards? How long should you wait between apps?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting a Second USB Cash+?

I have

U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature® Card      U.S. Bank Cash 365 American Express® Card

i would wait 6months in between, thats what i did, got 365 first then visa signature, hope this helps, i had no prior history when i applied

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanderSnoot wrote:

Can you have two US Bank Cash+ cards? How long should you wait between apps?

yes

Message 3 of 11
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

If yes, how long should you wait between apps? Would it include SUB for the second card?

I am in the market for one or two CCs and I might want to get a second cash+.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 4 of 11
DemonHusker
Regular Contributor

Yes, I have 2 but the second one was a 365 that I coverted to cash+...did it over the phone no problem after about 6 months

Message 5 of 11
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

This way looks also good. The 365 AMEX card seems to be similar to Chase freedom unlimited (1.5%). Assuming it would have SUB and after some time, it can get converted to Cash+.

What about applying directly for a second Cash+? Does anyone have done it before?

BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 6 of 11
Andypanda
Established Contributor

You can have 2 cash+ cards, no need to product change.

Message 7 of 11
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

You can definitely have two US Bank Cash+ cards.

I got my first Cash+ card in Oct 2014 and the second one in Jun 2015, so the wait between two cards was less than a year. 

Message 8 of 11
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I guess for the second Cash+, USB would not provide SUB. Any input?

If this would be the case, I would go for 365 and after some time, I would request PC.

Message 9 of 11
DoctorWily
Established Member

I waited a month, and yeah I got the SUB both times. I had 2-3 inquiries around that time. The first one was an instant approval.. the second one.. they gave me the 7-10 notice.. but then after a few days I saw the second acct on the USB app/site.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.