Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting agitated with AMEX

tag
ccole93
New Contributor

Getting agitated with AMEX

I got my Blue Cash Everyday two, almost three months ago and STILL haven't had my rewards show up. :/ I pay off my balance in full as soon as possible and continually use the card for the cash back but apparently my rewards don't post until I pay the whole thing off for a month? I much prefer Capital One's cash back because it's instant and redeemable at any time/amount. Another thing is that they won't let me pay my balance as quickly as I'd like. I know that's common when you first open an account but they seem to have a lot of restrictions that I'm not liking. I don't want to carry a balance at all and try to pay it off as soon as I get paid but sometimes that isn't possible.

Any suggestions or ideas? I'm going to call AMEX but the last time I did the girl kind of blew me off.

From left to right: NPSL; $10k; $6.2k; $4.5k; $4k; $3.5k; $2.75k; $2.3k
Other CCs: $2.5k American Eagle Visa, $2.2k Old Navy Visa, $1.7k Amazon Store; $1.55k BillMeLater; $800 B&N CC; $750 A&F CC
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting agitated with AMEX

That's the main thing that annoys me about Amex, too!   I really love everything else about them, though.  I tend not to look at the rewards very often because I know it only updates once a month.  It would be nice if I could link it to Amazon - that's something I really like about my Chase and Discover cards.

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 2 of 10
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Same here, I apped for the Delta Gold on july 23rd. It still shows in progress as of the 24th, and no one over the phone can tell me why. 

Message 3 of 10
ccole93
New Contributor

Yeah they aren't nearly as flexible as my other cards. Hell, I went to Six Flags and got 5% back on everything with my Discover and my rewards update very quickly. Cap One is instant and Chase is reasonable as well. AMEX is not impressing me so far... I don't like my rewards being withheld from me and it's even more annoying because I can only use it as an account credit! >Smiley Indifferent

From left to right: NPSL; $10k; $6.2k; $4.5k; $4k; $3.5k; $2.75k; $2.3k
Other CCs: $2.5k American Eagle Visa, $2.2k Old Navy Visa, $1.7k Amazon Store; $1.55k BillMeLater; $800 B&N CC; $750 A&F CC
Message 4 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

It usually takes my PRG card around 2 months for the MR points to post... Co-branded Amex cards post reward points right at statement closing though.

Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My PRG takes about 2 statements to post MR. I just chalk it up to using the card.
Message 6 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Amex has been posting my rewards/cashback within days lately..... Weird...
I wonder what could cause delay?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 10
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I have a bcp and they typically post once a month after the statement. I dont know if you have tried, but if you go to the main site, (not mobile), for me ajyway, i can pay up to what my current balance is, plus anything that is pending. I often end up showing a credit for a few days until the pnding items post. Might work for you...does for me anyway. I am with you on paying often and not letting big charges add up until the end of month. I like the rewards with the bcp. I certainly dont get rich, but they way way pay more than the yearly fee.
Message 8 of 10
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:
I have a bcp and they typically post once a month after the statement. I dont know if you have tried, but if you go to the main site, (not mobile), for me ajyway, i can pay up to what my current balance is, plus anything that is pending. I often end up showing a credit for a few days until the pnding items post. Might work for you...does for me anyway. I am with you on paying often and not letting big charges add up until the end of month. I like the rewards with the bcp. I certainly dont get rich, but they way way pay more than the yearly fee.

I swear this kills me every month becaues I then have go back to my previous statement, make sure they've added up all of those groceries correctly and then check with my most recent statement.

Only one issue so far (them not considering what was a full local grocery story to be one), but it takes monitoring over the two statements to get what you should be given!

Can't beat the 6% though.

Message 9 of 10
JonStur
Established Contributor

I always PIF no prob..I agree try the main instead of the mobile.. For the first couple of months rewards didn't appear at all, now they update in a couple of days.. You can also use the pie chart at the online site to see your breakdown in case you have any allocation questions...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.