Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting back into Chase

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Getting back into Chase

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

My experience with them is they like to see an internal track (payment) record as well as your credit reports. They also seem to favor  people with lower utilizations versus limits and fewer inquiries. As with any CC issuer, a relationship takes time to build. Good luck in your journey, I can assure you with on time payments, a positive credit file, and keeping your utilization numbers on all cards in check that you will have no problems obtaining the credit products you need. A final point to ponder, apply only for cards that fit your personal life style and that you will use.

While this is generally true, it doesn't take into account the special circumstances that the OP relates.   Obviously here Chase has a very high index of suspicion, closing accounts of the "unindicted" family members.

OP, are you able to give some clue as to what the investigation was?   Something serious and federal potentially involving lots of dirty money?   Seems Chase got very skittish.

Certainly worth trying the bank opening approach recommended by others, but if that fails I would probably just give up on Chase.   Things leading back to stuff you have no control over, like having a step-brother, can be just too hard to fight!

Message 11 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

My experience with them is they like to see an internal track (payment) record as well as your credit reports. They also seem to favor  people with lower utilizations versus limits and fewer inquiries. As with any CC issuer, a relationship takes time to build. Good luck in your journey, I can assure you with on time payments, a positive credit file, and keeping your utilization numbers on all cards in check that you will have no problems obtaining the credit products you need. A final point to ponder, apply only for cards that fit your personal life style and that you will use.

While this is generally true, it doesn't take into account the special circumstances that the OP relates.   Obviously here Chase has a very high index of suspicion, closing accounts of the "unindicted" family members.

OP, are you able to give some clue as to what the investigation was?   Something serious and federal potentially involving lots of dirty money?   Seems Chase got very skittish.

Certainly worth trying the bank opening approach recommended by others, but if that fails I would probably just give up on Chase.   Things leading back to stuff you have no control over, like having a step-brother, can be just too hard to fight!

It's likely the OP's name has tripped some internal controls and landed on an internal list of some sort.  It could likely have some association to any PEPs (domestic or foreign), AML or other questionable or suspicious activities that, just like the "no-fly" list, may have garnered closer scrutiny.

Message 12 of 13
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Perhaps I mis-understood the OP. I did get the story about the family item(s). The way I perceived it was that Chase was possibly giving him another chance. If OP is does get shot down and does not get another chance, there are other issuers of fine Master Card and Visa Cards available. Perhaps OP may wish to check out a local financial institution or Credit Union in his geographic area. As always ymmv, good luck in your journey!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.