cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting out from under the burden of Wayfair card (Comenity)

tag
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Getting out from under the burden of Wayfair card (Comenity)

So 11 months ago I bought a new home.  of course, once you buy the house, you have to furnish it.  So I applied for the Wayfair card through comenity.  All the stuff I bought did not have the incentives and every time I would pay the monthly bill it was just killing me see such a high-interest rate.  Anyway, I received a letter from Discover offering different balance transfer solutions.  I went ahead and took one of the options and for the next 18 months, now I can get this paid off without the crazy interest rate.    I know that I just shifted debt from one place to another, but the new place is %0 Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting out from under the burden of Wayfair card (Comenity)

The new place is great! Discover is awesome. Congrats!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@avp99 wrote:

So 11 months ago I bought a new home.  of course, once you buy the house, you have to furnish it.  So I applied for the Wayfair card through comenity.  All the stuff I bought did not have the incentives and every time I would pay the monthly bill it was just killing me see such a high-interest rate.  Anyway, I received a letter from Discover offering different balance transfer solutions.  I went ahead and took one of the options and for the next 18 months, now I can get this paid off without the crazy interest rate.    I know that I just shifted debt from one place to another, but the new place is %0 Smiley Happy

Oh but now you can breathe. Smiley Wink That's the way to do it!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Comenity cards can be excellent but they are usually best to pif as their aprs are ridonkulousSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on the 0% card, and getting away from the high interest! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 6
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Nice move!!! Congratulations there!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.