cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting out from under the burden of Wayfair card (Comenity)

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Getting out from under the burden of Wayfair card (Comenity)

So 11 months ago I bought a new home.  of course, once you buy the house, you have to furnish it.  So I applied for the Wayfair card through comenity.  All the stuff I bought did not have the incentives and every time I would pay the monthly bill it was just killing me see such a high-interest rate.  Anyway, I received a letter from Discover offering different balance transfer solutions.  I went ahead and took one of the options and for the next 18 months, now I can get this paid off without the crazy interest rate.    I know that I just shifted debt from one place to another, but the new place is %0 Smiley Happy

No Preset Spending Limit Hilton - $20K  Cash Magnet $18k Blue Cash Preferred $28K   Discover IT HSN Card  FurnRow $20K  Rooms To Go Synchrony $16.5K $5k Amazon Prime Card $10k  Home Mortgage 280K 3% 39K Car Loan 1.9%

5 REPLIES 5
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting out from under the burden of Wayfair card (Comenity)

The new place is great! Discover is awesome. Congrats!
Discover It: 19.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 5.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 2 of 6
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@avp99 wrote:

So 11 months ago I bought a new home.  of course, once you buy the house, you have to furnish it.  So I applied for the Wayfair card through comenity.  All the stuff I bought did not have the incentives and every time I would pay the monthly bill it was just killing me see such a high-interest rate.  Anyway, I received a letter from Discover offering different balance transfer solutions.  I went ahead and took one of the options and for the next 18 months, now I can get this paid off without the crazy interest rate.    I know that I just shifted debt from one place to another, but the new place is %0 Smiley Happy

Oh but now you can breathe. Smiley Wink That's the way to do it!

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 3 of 6
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Comenity cards can be excellent but they are usually best to pif as their aprs are ridonkulousSmiley Wink
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 4 of 6
Super Contributor

Congratulations on the 0% card, and getting away from the high interest! 

Message 5 of 6
Regular Contributor

Nice move!!! Congratulations there!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.