cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting plastic surgery. What's better ? 6K loan at 8.9% or using my credit card at 8.9% rate ??

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Getting plastic surgery. What's better ? 6K loan at 8.9% or using my credit card at 8.9% rate ??

OP,

Sorry if I missed this, but how long for you to pay off?  Also, anticipate any possible credit events during that paydown period?  Depending on the time frame and credit needs, I would look at some 0% offers.  Also, someone mentioned carecredit.  If I could get a high enough limit such as 20k for 6k loan (so card util would be less than 30%) and carecredit or otherwise often has 0% for XX months offer and I could pay down by then, I would probably do that.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 15
gaeta2013

Re: Getting plastic surgery. What's better ? 6K loan at 8.9% or using my credit card at 8.9% rate ??

How do I start a new thread?

Message 12 of 15
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

OP,

Sorry if I missed this, but how long for you to pay off?  Also, anticipate any possible credit events during that paydown period?  Depending on the time frame and credit needs, I would look at some 0% offers.  Also, someone mentioned carecredit.  If I could get a high enough limit such as 20k for 6k loan (so card util would be less than 30%) and carecredit or otherwise often has 0% for XX months offer and I could pay down by then, I would probably do that.

I don't know if you guys notice but the OP is from 2009. Someone revived the thread.

Message 13 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 14 of 15
gaeta2013

Thank you. I think I posted it in the correct section now.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.