Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gf's app spree. Stats included.

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Gf's app spree. Stats included.

So I am in the garden (sort of....will explain next time) and I can't app, so I convinced my girlfriend to. This was done over different days from last-last weekend up till yesterday. She wanted 2 cards, but I kept convincing her to keep going for more lol. Her AAoA is going to take a big hit from this spree but the good thing is that she doesn't plan to apply for anything for the next year or two.

Here's her brief info so hopefully this helps for people whom are interested.

income 65k

rent 1400 / month

auto loan (opened jan 2013). Amount owed are approx 6000 on EX, 9500 on EQ and TU (these 2 bureaus haven't updated yet at time of application). Original amount borrowed approx 10k.

inquiries in past 6 months: 6 EX 0 EQ 2 TU (most of the inquiries were due to auto loan)

total inquiries in past 12 months: 7 EX 1 EQ 2 TU

total Inquiries in past 2 years: 9 EX 3 EQ 4 TU

Existing cards: Chase Slate (4.5k CL, opened October 2012), Wells Fargo Platinum (7k CL. 4yrs approx), Saks Fifth Avenue (4k CL, 1year), Neiman Marcus (1400 CL, 1year), Bloomingdales (2700 CL, about 2 years). No closed accounts or previous auto / mortage.

Utilization was about 19% on Chase Slate, other cards reporting 0 balance. 

No lates or other derogs.

Applied for (listed in order):

Chase CSP: Pending 30 day message. Called in a few times the next day to ask for application to be expedited. Was able to get it expedited and approved for 7k after verifying ID. Chase is expediting the card.

Amex BCE: Pending message as well. Called in and was told to wait. Got approved for 2k CL later on.

Discover IT: Pending message as well. called in the next day and they needed to verify ID. Approved for 6k. Discover is expediting the card.

US Bank Cash+: Pending message as well. Approved the next day for 6k.

Citi Thank You Preferred: Approved instantly for 4.5k 

Barclays Arrival MC: Approved instantly for Platinum MC with 1.5k CL instead of World MC. Called in yesterday, was told 5k CL required for world MC, and trying to appeal is another HP. Took the additional HP, not sure which bureau is pulled, then went through a brief interview and got approved for 5k world MC.

CK Scores was 762, Creditchecktotal scores were around 740-755 range for the 3 bureaus (plus fako scores).

Hope this helps anyone who's interested in the cards above.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Gf's app spree. Stats included.

Congrats. Sounds like she did really well. She has great scores Keep up the good work.

Message 2 of 9
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Looks like a good spree,

I would be wary of Barclays. They frequently do AR's and if they see all the HP's, they may close the account. Just be careful if she actually needs/uses the card.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 9
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Congrats! Did they tell her switched the card to a world Mc? Someone else on this forum reconned a 1.5k limit to 5k and still got the platinum mc
fico 747
Message 4 of 9
JonStur
Established Contributor

Good for her!!! I agree Barclay can get jittery when they see someone on an app spree..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 5 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Feeding your app addiction through your gf, huh?

Glad it worked out for you...I mean her! 😂

Now both of you report to the garden!
Message 6 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Feeding your app addiction through your gf, huh?

Glad it worked out for you...I mean her! 😂

Now both of you report to the garden!

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@enharu wrote:

So I am in the garden (sort of....will explain next time) and I can't app, so I convinced my girlfriend to. This was done over different days from last-last weekend up till yesterday. She wanted 2 cards, but I kept convincing her to keep going for more lol. Her AAoA is going to take a big hit from this spree but the good thing is that she doesn't plan to apply for anything for the next year or two.

Here's her brief info so hopefully this helps for people whom are interested.

income 65k

rent 1400 / month

auto loan (opened jan 2013). Amount owed are approx 6000 on EX, 9500 on EQ and TU (these 2 bureaus haven't updated yet at time of application). Original amount borrowed approx 10k.

inquiries in past 6 months: 6 EX 0 EQ 2 TU (most of the inquiries were due to auto loan)

total inquiries in past 12 months: 7 EX 1 EQ 2 TU

total Inquiries in past 2 years: 9 EX 3 EQ 4 TU

Existing cards: Chase Slate (4.5k CL, opened October 2012), Wells Fargo Platinum (7k CL. 4yrs approx), Saks Fifth Avenue (4k CL, 1year), Neiman Marcus (1400 CL, 1year), Bloomingdales (2700 CL, about 2 years). No closed accounts or previous auto / mortage.

Utilization was about 19% on Chase Slate, other cards reporting 0 balance. 

No lates or other derogs.

Applied for (listed in order):

Chase CSP: Pending 30 day message. Called in a few times the next day to ask for application to be expedited. Was able to get it expedited and approved for 7k after verifying ID. Chase is expediting the card.

Amex BCE: Pending message as well. Called in and was told to wait. Got approved for 2k CL later on.

Discover IT: Pending message as well. called in the next day and they needed to verify ID. Approved for 6k. Discover is expediting the card.

US Bank Cash+: Pending message as well. Approved the next day for 6k.

Citi Thank You Preferred: Approved instantly for 4.5k 

Barclays Arrival MC: Approved instantly for Platinum MC with 1.5k CL instead of World MC. Called in yesterday, was told 5k CL required for world MC, and trying to appeal is another HP. Took the additional HP, not sure which bureau is pulled, then went through a brief interview and got approved for 5k world MC.

CK Scores was 762, Creditchecktotal scores were around 740-755 range for the 3 bureaus (plus fako scores).

Hope this helps anyone who's interested in the cards above.

Very nice spree!!!

WTG to your GF!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

haha yea she's done applying. she was happy with just her store cards but i kinda convinced her into applying for those cards lol.

if barclay's do close or CLD the account, she's not going to complain as well. her insurance bill is coming, so that's an easy 1k in spending right away. once the miles are posted, she will then use the miles to redeem for an air ticket to asia with it and after that the card is pretty much sockdrawered.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.