Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving Capitol One a Chance

tag
Kellan
Regular Contributor

Giving Capitol One a Chance

Just sent a email to the CapitolOne EO to get a PC on my card. Customer service already told me no. I have several premium cards now and don't really use my Quicksilver card anymore. I asked them to switch me to a no annual fee card. I have many prime cards now and don't have much use for their card if the AF is attached. I will update the thread when I hear from them.

EQ: 678
TU: 699
EX: 736
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Giving Capitol One a Chance

@Kellan wrote:

Just sent a email to the CapitolOne EO to get a PC on my card. Customer service already told me no. I have several premium cards now and don't really use my Quicksilver card anymore. I asked them to switch me to a no annual fee card. I have many prime cards now and don't have much use for their card if the AF is attached. I will update the thread when I hear from them.

I think they are lenient with waiving off the AFs. Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!
Message 3 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Kellan wrote:

Good luck with PC!   Usually, the EO can take more action than the frontline CSRs, so I think the odds look good.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Good luck, I've heard they will only remove for one year and you have to call in yearly to donit again. But others may have had luck getting it permanently removed.
Message 5 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

I think it depends on how long you have had the card. at least 6 months i think. the easiest way is just go the chat feature online and they will do it. i just did it my self 4 days ago. had the qs1. upgraded to the quicksilver no AF. so im guessing that is what you have instead of regular quicksilver since you got AF. they will do it. but they said. i cannot change again for 6 months. its fine since no AF

Message 6 of 9
Kellan
Regular Contributor

Yes it is the quicksilver one card I have. I did try the online chat feature and they said there are no offers for me. That is why I am trying the EO. I don't need the card anymore. I can live without it. I figure though they were good to me when I needed it, I would welcome the opertunity to be loyal to them. 

Message 7 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Don't feel bad if the EO even says no. Just close the card and move on if that's the case. You have a bunch of really great cards in your profile.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 9
Kellan
Regular Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Don't feel bad if the EO even says no. Just close the card and move on if that's the case. You have a bunch of really great cards in your profile.

Thank you that is my plan. Right there Amex, Chase are the cards I am in love with. They have greaat travel bennifits. And I need another vacation. I just booked a free flight to Bangkok using my United Points. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.