Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go disco? or no?

tag
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

Re: Go disco? or no?

@Anonymous wrote:
It’s a good idea because a) it gives you network diversity having cards on multiple charge networks, which is a good backup plan, and b) Disco IT is a very good card - you won’t find many people who don’t like it. The first year especially is great for the match, but Leo unlike many others, there’s no minimum cash redemption and when you redeem it as a statement credit, it will apply toward your monthly minimum. Not a lot of cards do that.

Disco is a worthy card to have.

Thats interesting that it applies toward minimum! Diversity is a good point as well!

@Obscure-Expert

I appreciate the breakdown, I didn't realize Miles wasn't just travel, but I just don't see myself ever using it after the 1st year, and everything past the $1500 max I'd just put on FU for an effective 2.25%

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about a $75 gift from Amazon on top of the 3% and then switch to an IT when the first year is up....or App for the IT and 5% categories and start your 2nd year of cash match?  After the first account is a year old you're eligible for a 2nd card and when you have a CLI available you can combine them into a single account as well.

Message 12 of 16
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How about a $75 gift from Amazon on top of the 3% and then switch to an IT when the first year is up....or App for the IT and 5% categories and start your 2nd year of cash match?  After the first account is a year old you're eligible for a 2nd card and when you have a CLI available you can combine them into a single account as well.

Now that's an interesting point! I forget that you can combine cards, what effect does that have on AAoA? does it just go up when you combine?

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibebarrett wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that's an interesting point! I forget that you can combine cards, what effect does that have on AAoA? does it just go up when you combine?

Of course you'll take a small hit on the AAOA but, if you combine to the older card you retain the history and growth.... or you move forward and combine into the new one and get a bigger CL.

I don't know the age of your profile as it sits now so, it's a bit hard to say what the true impact would be.  Generally the older your oldest card is the less of an impact you'll see.

Message 14 of 16
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ibebarrett wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Of course you'll take a small hit on the AAOA but, if you combine to the older card you retain the history and growth.... or you move forward and combine into the new one and get a bigger CL.

I don't know the age of your profile as it sits now so, it's a bit hard to say what the true impact would be.  Generally the older your oldest card is the less of an impact you'll see.

I may have worded that oddly....If you combine two cards then the youngest one should drop off completely with no history right? therefore raising your AAoA? or would that one line just appear as closed?

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just gets closed.  Nothing else.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.