Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go for Kays/Jareds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for Kays/Jareds?

I'm thinking of apping at Kays and/or Jared's to add a TL to my report. I'm trying to build credit (not to use!) and have $1500 total right now. Something at $2000 or more would be fantastic, but my cards are from 12/2008 and 4/2009. I've read here that Kay's likes to see cards that are over a year old, is that true? Has anyone been approved with younger accounts? My only other credit card was opened in 2006, charged off in 2007 so I don't think that would count as far as age.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Go for Kays/Jareds?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm thinking of apping at Kays and/or Jared's to add a TL to my report. I'm trying to build credit (not to use!) and have $1500 total right now. Something at $2000 or more would be fantastic, but my cards are from 12/2008 and 4/2009. I've read here that Kay's likes to see cards that are over a year old, is that true? Has anyone been approved with younger accounts? My only other credit card was opened in 2006, charged off in 2007 so I don't think that would count as far as age.

I would wait until you hit a year.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no experience with the Kays card, but I have read a couple of posts here of people receiving this card with less history than you have.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do Kays/ Jared make sure you apply for JB Robinson as well and if you live incertain states there are other you can apply for. These are all part of Sterling. I applied for Kays and a week later for jared and JBR and got all three. It is one limit on all three but they report separately. Almost like a hiden TL.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.