Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goals and Obsessions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goals and Obsessions?

I posted earlier this week about my nearly 220 increase in FICO scores since setting goals to pay attention and play the bank/money game. I went from 523 to 746 by just taking all this great advise and applying it in the last 4 months.

In the last month I applied for and was approved for:

1. Amazon/Chase $6000 (I purchase work supplies often)

2. Amex $2000

3. Discover $2500

4. Citibank Costco $6000 (I shop there often)

5. Citibank $6500 (got this in February when scores were around 675).

I calculated what 28% would be for each card as a MAX I will spend each month so keep me in the PIF zone.

It looks like mortgage is about a year away.

In the goal setting arena I would like to purchase my car from my partner, since I make all the payments but his score was 805 ATT so he got much better financing at 1% from mazda (which is chase) and zero down.

So I'm thinking the next goal would be to find a used car loan to purchase from him. He can afford to pay if off ($13k) and then I get a used car loan to pay him.

I'm also self employed and while my gross is six figures my net is much lower.

Or would it be better to sell the car and then purchase a new car or lease with my new scores?

Is this too much inquiry in such a short period of time (5)?

Who does a private sale car Loan?

Should we do a trade in and they pay off loan at dealership and I step into a new car lease or purchase?

My credit mix is only credit cards with a Toyota loan showed as closed from 2007. As for open loans, I have none.
My score is 746 transunion, 728 equifax and 698 Experian.

And this obsession is now checking several times a day and running new scenarios. Lol.

I feel silly for not having played the game sooner. Yes I want to optimize it but I feel I should probably just garden for the remainder of the year and revisit this at the beginning of next year when we are getting closer to mortgage prep.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Goals and Obsessions?

A friend of mine got an auto loan through NFCU to purchase her BF's car so it's definitely doable. Do you belong to a CU?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.