cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going for two new cards, order and when?

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Going for two new cards, order and when?

Hi everyone,

So I sit at a FICO of 720.  I have two Amex cards I'm being added as an AU on (whenever they'll actually report, IDK?), one from 2000 and one from 1981, so they'll really help my AAoA.

HHI is $152k

I would like to dump my garbage Citi Forward for a Chase Freedom, and also get an Amex Blue.  I am a bit high on inquiries in the last year, though most of them are over 6 months old.  I was thinking of going for Amex Blue once the two AU cards start reporting, and then going for Chase Freedom in mid-late March.  Does anyone have better ideas on how to pull this off?

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Going for two new cards, order and when?

you like the chase more than citi?  Citi will grow much faster!

I think Chase is more inq sensitive than Amex but I like the Amex much more if your going to be putting a lot through the card, otherwise the rewards are not very good.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Forward garbage? What makes you say that? It's the best consistent cash back for restruants and movies!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries stay on for a year.  I'd wait 'til then.

Message 4 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They actually show up for 2 years

Message 5 of 11
smc733
Valued Contributor

Citi flat out sucks.  Terrible customer service, and they can never seem to do anything to help you.  I heart BofA, so that card is going nowhere.  

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@john398 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They actually show up for 2 years

they impact FIco for one

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They show for 2 years on EX

They drop off EQ and TU AFTER 1

Mine did anyway.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really want an Discovery More card, great rewards from what I seen and told. I have the AMEX Green, ran about $680 through it in 6-9 weeks (Only one statement posted). I have yet to have any points, so idk... I will be running $1,400 through it in a couple of days, but I need to call them and let them know I will be doing a big swipe (New with them).

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I really want an Discovery More card, great rewards from what I seen and told. I have the AMEX Green, ran about $680 through it in 6-9 weeks (Only one statement posted). I have yet to have any points, so idk... I will be running $1,400 through it in a couple of days, but I need to call them and let them know I will be doing a big swipe (New with them).

It took two billing cycles for my first points to show up.  And I wouldn't call them...just check your spending ability on their website.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.