cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Accumulate 5yrs of credit history in April Next????

tag
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Going to Accumulate 5yrs of credit history in April Next????

Hi All,

Correct me if i'm calculationg my aaoa on my credit profile incorrectly. But I just realized that my cap1, paypal sc, walmart, creditone, bofa scc, are all going to make one year next year. Is that good ? or not ? and would that consider to be 5 yrs of credit history? Thanks in advance Smiley Very Happy.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: Going to Accumulate 5yrs of credit history in April Next????

If you got them all at the same time, then they are all going to be 1 year.  AAoA is a cummulative total, not individal.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Omaplatypus wrote:

If you got them all at the same time, then they are all going to be 1 year.  AAoA is a cummulative total, not individal.

^ this

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 8
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Sorry, and that's what I was trying to explain. That each account would be making 1 year each, and I wanted to know if the total would be aaoa calculation would be 5 yrs. My mistake! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

@kpresod wrote:

Sorry, and that's what I was trying to explain. That each account would be making 1 year each, and I wanted to know if the total would be aaoa calculation would be 5 yrs. My mistake! Smiley Very Happy

lol yea just take the age of all accounts and divide it by the number of accounts =)

you can find it on creditkarma under the pie chart on the main page of your credit/debt ratio.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Sorry, and that's what I was trying to explain. That each account would be making 1 year each, and I wanted to know if the total would be aaoa calculation would be 5 yrs. My mistake! :smileyvery-happy: 

Yeah you wish.....Smiley Happy)))

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 8
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@kpresod wrote:

lol yea just take the age of all accounts and divide it by the number of accounts =)

you can find it on creditkarma under the pie chart on the main page of your credit/debt ratio.

Just FYI, credit karma calculated average age of OPEN accounts, so if you have closed accounts (which count towards fico AAoA), the two can be markedly different. To OP, 5 years of credit history means your oldest account is 5 years old. 5 year AAoA means the AVERAGE account age is 5 years. Having one card that is a year old or having 10 cards that are a year old will both give an AAoA of 1 year and a credit history of one year. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 7 of 8
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Ok I see, and thanks for the responses. Also, I apologize for the the redundancy with my previous post Smiley Very Happy. Got a bit excited for no reason! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.