Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to app for Sallie Mae card; questions before I do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Going to app for Sallie Mae card; questions before I do

if you want more info go to credit board and look for a tap "credit pulls" and there search for sallie mae.

should hellp a ton! 

Message 11 of 15
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Received the Sallie Mae world mc about 2 months ago with $12.5K CL. Just got the first statement for $600, and put $2000 additional in vet bills on 3 days ago. Taking advantage of the 12 months 0% interest. Hope they don't cancel before I get to use it regularly for gas/groceries/amazon. lol

Message 12 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

I was approved instantly online for $1,000 with a TU score of 670, some old baddies, about 5 inquires, and opened a apple visa in march.

I called the recon department and the analyst said I have a great track record and am estbalishing myself with barclays very well, she could only give me another 500. So i took it, called back and closed the apple card and move the credit line over to salliemae. I am bummed though that barclays will not change you from platinum to world once you hit 5k limit.

With barclays, I think once you are in with them, they are easy on instant approvals.  

Message 13 of 15
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I was approved instantly online for $1,000 with a TU score of 670, some old baddies, about 5 inquires, and opened a apple visa in march.

I called the recon department and the analyst said I have a great track record and am estbalishing myself with barclays very well, she could only give me another 500. So i took it, called back and closed the apple card and move the credit line over to salliemae. I am bummed though that barclays will not change you from platinum to world once you hit 5k limit.

With barclays, I think once you are in with them, they are easy on instant approvals.  

Good to know... next week will be the 12th statement on the Apple card... I got an auto CLI at 6 months... we'll see if I get one at 12 months.

At some point I want to app for the Sallie Mae but am waiting till the INQs that are dragging my TU score down to reach 1 year of age over the next 3 months.  I'm expecting my TU score to catch my EQ/EX scores at that time.  The only differences between the 3 is the INQ's on each report.  For some reason all my creditors only pull TU... I'll probably app in early 2015.  When I app my plan is to also transfer the Apple limit to the new card.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 14 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

Received the Sallie Mae world mc about 2 months ago with $12.5K CL. Just got the first statement for $600, and put $2000 additional in vet bills on 3 days ago. Taking advantage of the 12 months 0% interest. Hope they don't cancel before I get to use it regularly for gas/groceries/amazon. lol

Why would they cancel it? With a 12.5K Limit and reasonable UTIL it looks like a normal day in the life of a happy customer if you ask me.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.