cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to apply for AMEX right now! HELP!

tag
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Going to apply for AMEX right now! HELP!

Okay its 12am and now my I have one less inquiry affecting my score (within the last 12 months). 

Now I want the BCP, but I have been told (by other forums members) to apply for the Green Charge or the PRG Charge before applying for the BCP. 

I have 5 inquires on EX within past 12 months (one should have been 12 months old today, so 4?)

AAoA 4 years 0 months. 

I'm an AU on Discover IT (Oct 2011, $4K),  I'm an AU on AMEX BCE (May 2012, $14.1K), Individual Sears Mastercard ($5K limit,  Aug 2012), Macys Individual ($1K limit, Aug 2012), I'm JOINT on Chase Freedom (FEB 1996, $13K limit). 

Overall util: 4%

FAKO score is 750 (according to EXPERIAN). Income $50K.  Age 19.

Should I go straight for the BCP or apply for PRG/GREEN and then go for BCP? 

I just don't want to affect my AAoA that much by opening multiple accounts (even though AMEX should backdate my member since date, as I was AU on BCE sine May 2012). 

What do you think? Gonna hit the submit button tonight! So please help!

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Going to apply for AMEX right now! HELP!

I applied for the Delta Skymiles card first and got a denial message. 30 seconds later I applied for the Green card and got an instant approval. I then logged into the status check page and saw that I was approved for both cards.

Im not sure that this information will help you but thats my story.

I have read many many post on here that having approval for the green card first helps with other approvals. The only one that knows FOR SURE if that is correct is the AMEX Gods!!

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 38
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Do you think I should apply for Green or PRG first?

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 3 of 38
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Go directly for the BCP. You have the numbers, and the history as an AU. I applied for the Delta Gold and like two minutes later, I went to the status page and it was approved. 5 days later I apped for the BCE and it said that in order to be approved I had to call customer service. The CSR said that I was approved, but he had to ask me a couple identity questions, then congratulated me.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 38
tatterz
New Contributor

Hm, is it not possible to upgrade the BCE to BCP?? And how you make $50k at 19? haha. I'm 21, make about $20k and was approved for BCE. I don't think its as hard as the people here make it out to be.

I'm new here but I'd apply. Your scores seem good enough and your util is low plus you already have a relationship with Amex

Btw, what is AU?

TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 5 of 38
dodfire
Valued Contributor

IMO I think you should get the instant approval on the BCP as already said above....you are established as an AU. I think you will have no problem. If you are ready...pull the trigger and let us know how it turns out. Good Luck!!

*8/10/13
Message 6 of 38
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@tatterz wrote:

Hm, is it not possible to upgrade the BCE to BCP?? And how you make $50k at 19? haha. I'm 21, make about $20k and was approved for BCE. I don't think its as hard as the people here make it out to be.

I'm new here but I'd apply. Your scores seem good enough and your util is low plus you already have a relationship with Amex

Btw, what is AU?

Authorized User

*8/10/13
Message 7 of 38
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

@tatterz wrote:

Btw, what is AU?

AU is authorized user/additional user. AU does not hold financial responsibility, which is why lenders don't look too much at AU accounts when deciding to approve/decline. 

I co-own a business with my uncle. So self employed.

Message 8 of 38
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Alrighty guys, going for the BCP! Wish me luck!

I'm doing this in a hurry because Chase hasn't reported my CSP to credit beaureas yet with the new utilization (above 65%, trying to get the welcome bonus), which would also reduce my AAoA. 

Message 9 of 38
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Let us know how it goes.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.