Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX

Any way to get a "probationary" approval for someone who has been through a foreclosure and trying to rebuild credit. Credit is terrible (400's). Any known programs or "special" approvals? I travel a ton on Delta and it would be nice. Thanks for the help!

Message 11 of 27
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Any way to get a "probationary" approval for someone who has been through a foreclosure and trying to rebuild credit. Credit is terrible (400's). Any known programs or "special" approvals? I travel a ton on Delta and it would be nice. Thanks for the help!

Honeslty, if your score is in the 400's I doubt Amex would even consider your application, especially for a revolver like the Delta Skymiles card. The only route I would think you should take at this time, is the secured route. 

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they have a secured option?

Message 13 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The Mortgage was the only baddie?

Do you currently have anything open and in good standing?

and no BK?

I think for best help you need to open a new thread for you only regarding credit cards... get away from any thought of American Express right now.

Message 14 of 27
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

American Express doesn't have a secured card of any type. I just read however that if you use their prepaid card and are responsible with it. it m ay graduate you into a charge card, however, you would only be building that history with them internally. Nothing would be reported to the credit bureaus. I would have to agree and say Amex is not going to happen for you anytime soon.

Message 15 of 27
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

720 score

3 year total history, 1.5 year AAoA

30k income

instant approval for 7k

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Honeslty, if your score is in the 400's I doubt Amex would even consider your application, especially for a revolver like the Delta Skymiles card. The only route I would think you should take at this time, is the secured route. 

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

American Express doesn't have a secured card of any type. I just read however that if you use their prepaid card and are responsible with it. it m ay graduate you into a charge card, however, you would only be building that history with them internally. Nothing would be reported to the credit bureaus. I would have to agree and say Amex is not going to happen for you anytime soon.

AMEX does have a secured card if you have $10,000 to put into an AMEX CD in their bank.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 27
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

This card was really easy to get. I had like 6 inq on my report. They hit my worse credit report exp @702. I was like omg I'm not getting it. 

Message 19 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@armywifey85 wrote:

@this card was really easy to get. I had like 6 inq on my report. They hit my worse credit report exp @702. I was like omg I'm not getting it. 

Having a 702 credit score disqualifies you to say it is an easy card to get! (I mean that funny btw).

It probably "is" one of the easier credit card products with Amex, not sure why... but we see all the way down to the 630-640 get Charge Cards and maybe even lower lately with the offer from Zync for $200 CL or $500 CL with auto pay thing.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.