Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold Delta SkyMiles Email Offer

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Gold Delta SkyMiles Email Offer

This is the first time I have received any offers from this company. The email states I will receive 35,000 bonus miles after $1,000 spend in the first 3 months of opening. Offer is only available until Nov 7th.

I do not have any CC accounts with Delta but I do have a Delta SkyMiles member account.

This is just a general offer correct? Not a preapproval. Total HP I assume.

I am in the garden until 2019 but it is interesting!
5 REPLIES 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Gold Delta SkyMiles Email Offer

That is generic marketing from Delta.  American Express is the issuer of the account; you could always check for prequalifications there but with your current Experian score I don't think it's very promising.  Amex often has a 60,000 SkyMile offer for the Gold SkyMiles card, which is huge as it's a minimum of $720 in value.  Get those scores up and wait for a better offer!  Also, if you actually fly Delta with a companion at least once a year domestically you may want to consider the SkyMiles Platinum instead as it offers a companion ticket for Main Cabin each year for only $195 annual fee (not waived the first year).

Message 2 of 6
CivalV
Established Contributor

I figured it was just marketing. I am almost 100% sure my scores will not even score a secured card if that! But I do fly Delta. For future reference I will consider checking Pre-quals for the SkyMiles Platinum! Sounds exciting. Thankfully at the end of this month I will be closing both Premier cards and will be below 30% utilization for all accounts. 2019 will be a great year!
Message 3 of 6
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Airline credit cards are usually marketed to airline frequent flyer members.  Being a frequent flyer member does not prequalify you for credit.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:
This is the first time I have received any offers from this company. The email states I will receive 35,000 bonus miles after $1,000 spend in the first 3 months of opening. Offer is only available until Nov 7th.

I do not have any CC accounts with Delta but I do have a Delta SkyMiles member account.

This is just a general offer correct? Not a preapproval. Total HP I assume.

I am in the garden until 2019 but it is interesting!

I get these offeres almost monthly from Delta. They are just marketing offers. Last month offer was 60k bonus miles for $3k spend. Just got the same one you have for 35k bonus miles for $1k spend. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also just received an offer from the for 60000 bonus miles for being approved. I’m gonna pass.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.