Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Travel Award Card with High LOC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Travel Award Card with High LOC

Hello all,

I'm looking for a good travel award card with a high Line of Credit. I use this card for business and some months spend nothing at all and other months spend around $20,000. I need a LOC with at least $20,000. A friend of mine told me to apply for a LOC at my bank and it can be linked to the card (with and after a collateral assesment) but I'm not aware of any bank that does a travel program. 

I have pretty much perfect credit. No baddies at all. My EX PLUS score is 781, TU and EQ FICOs are both 761.

Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Re: Good Travel Award Card with High LOC

Welcome,

I do not know of any card, which gives you 20k as a starting limit, even with your great scores. Maybe NFCU could be one, if you can get in.

Otherwise I would suggest a charge card from Amexco. Gold PR is nice and the internal limit can reach 20k pretty fast, if you treat her well.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 2 of 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

+2 amex starts with decent limits and in 61 days you can ask for a 3x cli. (revolvers) 

most amex charge cards though are npsl. but if your going to go from 0 one month and 20k the next they might fr and need to present tax documents supporting your spending. 

i know that this probably isnt the answer your looking for but if your using it for business travel do you have a business tin? other business credit products? 

usually their limits are a little higher. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 5
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

I'm looking for a good travel award card with a high Line of Credit. I use this card for business and some months spend nothing at all and other months spend around $20,000. I need a LOC with at least $20,000. A friend of mine told me to apply for a LOC at my bank and it can be linked to the card (with and after a collateral assesment) but I'm not aware of any bank that does a travel program. 

I have pretty much perfect credit. No baddies at all. My EX PLUS score is 781, TU and EQ FICOs are both 761.

Thanks for any advice.

I might recommend an amex business charge card, assuming you are able keep your business and personal expenses separate. Amex business charge cards have no preset spending limit (npsl) and tend to grow quickly with high usage. Only downside is its hard to pinpoint your exact internal spending limit, as it is akin to hitting a moving target.

However, as mentioned above- I wouldn't recommend running business expenses through a personal amex card, as they have been known to take adverse action (read:fr) when people do this.

Another thing to note is that any visa signature product is technically categorized as a flexible spending account. Essentially, you are allowed to exceed your revolving limit without penalty but cannot carry a balance that is higher than your revolving credit limit. JP Morgan Chase might be a good place to look if considering this option, although chase cli's are almost always hp's

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 4 of 5
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

bank of america has a decent travel rewards card with no af and they are not too stingy in limits but 20k is probably pushing it with them you might get like 10-12k with your scores and if you have a long aaoa

amazon
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.