Did you mean: 

Good Trio?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good Trio?

Thanks to all of you.

I am happy with what I have.

I do not want to 'collect' credit cards.

The only one in my SD is Mariano's (i.e., Kroger) mastercard, for which I can find no real use. It has a $10,000 limit, so I will leave it in the SD (my wife's jewelry box) until canceled for inactivity.

Stay well.

Johnny50Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to all of you.

I am happy with what I have.

I do not want to 'collect' credit cards.

The only one in my SD is Mariano's (i.e., Kroger) mastercard, for which I can find no real use. It has a $10,000 limit, so I will leave it in the SD (my wife's jewelry box) until canceled for inactivity.

Stay well.

Johnny50Smiley Happy

I know the feeling, for sure. I only have 5 cards, and 2 of them almost never see any use and I kind of wish I didn't have them (Quicksilver & Simplicity). I'm not a big fan of collecting unnecessary cards - all it does is add stress, with having to remember to put activity on them to keep them from getting closed or CLD'd. So if none of the cards suggested here struck your fancy, then you made a good call!

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 12 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

I'm not a big fan of collecting unnecessary cards - all it does is add stress, with having to remember to put activity on them to keep them from getting closed or CLD'd. 

The trick is to remember not to care!   If an unnecessary card gets closed or CLDs, that's fine.   Obviously don't collect cards that are unnecessary at the time of application, but once they become not useful, let them close.

Message 13 of 15
sxa001
Valued Contributor

LTL is 100% spot on -- you can't care.

Never compare your profile to others, there are folks on here who have really mastered the rewards game, they have put in the time and the effort to maximize their spend for best rewards and sometimes this means having a lot of different cards to choose from based on the spend.  These folks should be applauded for their work and are great resources if you want to master the game, but if you are happy with 3 cards that meet your spend and your comfortable with the earnings then don't stress. 

Everyone here as different spend and different desires.  I think that is a good take away.  Honestly at times it can be cumbersome to make sure I am getting spend on my cards, of course I am a gluten for punishment and plan to open 2 or 3 more cards at some point.  

Message 14 of 15
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

I'm not a big fan of collecting unnecessary cards - all it does is add stress, with having to remember to put activity on them to keep them from getting closed or CLD'd. 

The trick is to remember not to care!   If an unnecessary card gets closed or CLDs, that's fine.   Obviously don't collect cards that are unnecessary at the time of application, but once they become not useful, let them close.

Or tell the bank to close them, so you don't have to deal with the chance of unauthorized trnasactions between the time the card becomes superfluous and the time it actually closes for inactivity..

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.