Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good card for 660 fico score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good card for 660 fico score?

I'm tempted to try for AMEX as well.
One more question. My cap one reports on the 15th. Then I had 1% utilization on that card. Im currently at 20%. Is it best to pay that back down before applying, or will the application see the 1% from the last date it reported?
Message 11 of 14
wilmer007
Contributor

it depends on what you plan to do and want out of your credit.

want Travel Rewards go Chase.

want SP CLIs (with Cash Back or less Travel Rewards) go AMEX

want high SL go with a credit union such as NFCU

also don't sweat too much about inquiries as i started rebuilding back in May 2016 with mid 600s FICOs and look at me a year later. mind you i'm at 6/12 (was at 4/7 and 5/9 at one point) with 6 open TL.

*****|$15,200|********|$13,500|***********|$5,000|*********|$25,000|***********|$500|
Highest Scores: Transunion 08: 821 | Equifax VantageScore 3.0: 780 | Experian 08: 804 | gardening until May 2018 or longer.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the info everybody. I applied for the American Express Blue Everyday card and was approved for $500 limit, better than nothing! Then also applied for the Chase freedom unlimited and was approved for a $2000 limit! Time to garden for awhile!
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for all the info everybody. I applied for the American Express Blue Everyday card and was approved for $500 limit, better than nothing! Then also applied for the Chase freedom unlimited and was approved for a $2000 limit! Time to garden for awhile!

Yes, you got it out of your system. Baby limits but they will grow.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.