cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good card for points with a 700 score?

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Good card for points with a 700 score?

@ezdoesit wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

Just get the Fidelity Amex.  Straight up 2% cash back, no annual fee.  Put $7k on the card you are going to get $140 back.

Really?  You would get the Fidelity Amex over the Barclays and leave $440 on the table.  Barclays gives 2.2%  2% then 10% back when you redeem plus 40k sign up bonus.  Fidelity just 2%. 

So after he spends 7k he will have 54k points to redeem for airline credit $540 then get 5400 back in points total $594 in credits.  Fidelity $140 only I don't think I have to say which one wins outs.

I probably would do something like barclays for signup bonus and when af comes around the next year app for fidelity amex. I don't think my spending warrants an AF with barclays since fidelity offers 2% cb with no AF. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 12
Norcal5
Valued Member

Re: Good card for points with a 700 score?

@mccallb wrote:

I have a big payment I need to make on something, to the tune of $7000.  I was going to pay it cash, but I'd rather put it on a card, to get the points, and then pay it off instead.

Right now my best card has a 3000 limit, but I got this card when I had around a 650 score.  Now, depending on the model and CA you pull, i'm 690-720.

Is there any card that will give me that limit, and even if not, does anyone have any suggestions on what the best card in that range would be to get some good points to use?

Thanks!

If not Barclay's after the breakdown in numbers....Then go for a Discover IT card they will most likely give you the credit line your looking for....tell us what happens..

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.