Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good credit mix ?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Good credit mix ?

@Not_the_Point wrote:

The thought of a "matress account" is funny to me Smiley Happy Though having too many accounts wouldn't seem like such a great idea to me either...

I do like having the 2 accounts for store and visa, but not very excited about having 4 come Jan. when I take advantage of there 24 months interest free mattress sale... they rarely offer the 24 months, so I have to jump on it, I need some Tempur-Pedic in my life! 

Message 11 of 14
waterfallwishes
Established Member

WOW that is good ! My new home has appliances but after moving we decided that we need a new bed .. I will have to look into that one !! I applied for Macy's and got approved - I am just waiting for them to tell me the credit line ..
Message 12 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

the nice thing about the major purchase account and the mattress account is they DO NOT pull credit, it is based on the credit report they pulled when they approved your card originally and how you have handled your account... so just start using that new card and pay it before you go furniture shopping and you should be good.
Message 13 of 14
waterfallwishes
Established Member

Thanks .. I figure I will buy a few small things for the kitchen and such and hen just PIF .... Safer that way and I was going to shop for a few kitchen items anyway ...  That is nice that they do not pull credit again !!
Message Edited by waterfallwishes on 12-16-2008 08:46 PM
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.