cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news!

tag
asianbob

Good news!

First off, I'm new to the boards so hello to all the fellow board members!  I just want to say that I started off with a horrible credit record (foolish teenage years...) Well as of this month i went from a 580ish FICO on all three CRs to EX: 682 TU: 697 and EQ: 682!  I had some negative accounts from student loans defaulting but I just got off of the rehabilitation program and it has obvioiusly improved my score drastically!  Also to add on to the good news i applied for a Barclay CC and got a notice saying that it will take a little longer for them to process....I called right after receiving that from their website, talked to the credit analyst who said they just had to confirm a few things and BOOM! I was approved for a $1000 CL.  A few days later I decide that a CLI would be good to help with my credit usage, so I called them this morning, talked to another analyst for about three minutes and BOOM again!  I got a CLI to $2000!  I'm finally on my way to getting a good credit score!  Just wanted to share with everyone because I'm excited for this!

Starting Scores: EX: 560 TU: 562 EQ: 560 (02/14/11)
Current Scores: EX 729 TU:707 EX: 701 (07/14/13)
Goal Scores: 750 across the board
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Good news!

@asianbob wrote:

First off, I'm new to the boards so hello to all the fellow board members!  I just want to say that I started off with a horrible credit record (foolish teenage years...) Well as of this month i went from a 580ish FICO on all three CRs to EX: 682 TU: 697 and EQ: 682!  I had some negative accounts from student loans defaulting but I just got off of the rehabilitation program and it has obvioiusly improved my score drastically!  Also to add on to the good news i applied for a Barclay CC and got a notice saying that it will take a little longer for them to process....I called right after receiving that from their website, talked to the credit analyst who said they just had to confirm a few things and BOOM! I was approved for a $1000 CL.  A few days later I decide that a CLI would be good to help with my credit usage, so I called them this morning, talked to another analyst for about three minutes and BOOM again!  I got a CLI to $2000!  I'm finally on my way to getting a good credit score!  Just wanted to share with everyone because I'm excited for this!

Welcome to the forum

These are the stories I like to read 

Congrats on the rebuild 

Congrats on the approval 

Congrats on Recon of CLI 

Very nicely done now grow the TL's into something great

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
beb86
Valued Contributor

@asianbob wrote:

Sweet!!!! Welcome to the forums!!

Message 3 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your approval and getting your profile in order.
Message 4 of 12
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on all your recent success, WTG!!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 5 of 12
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@asianbob wrote:

Congrats! It's refreshing to hear stories of taking care of negative items before applying.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
lithium78
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  It's good to hear that you are having success. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
DaniBananiie
Established Contributor

Smiley Very Happy
@asianbob wrote:

Smiley SurprisedWay To Go!!! That is amazing, and welcome to our family!

photo IT_REDDAISY_zps2c12a8e3.gif
Message 8 of 12
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your successful journey to rebuild and welcome to the forums!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
joshuapd1987
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! Absolutely amazing! Smiley Happy
MyFICO Scores: 720 (EX 10/05) | 718 (EQ 10/05) | 703 (TU 10/05)| | Amex Plat NPSL | Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Business Gold NPSL | Chase Sapphire Preferred 22,000 | Chase Freedom 20,000 | Walmart 15,000 | Amex Delta Reserve 12,900 | Chase Ritz 10,000 | Diner's Club Elite 10,000 | NASA Platinum Rewards 8,800 | Capital One Quicksilver 2,500
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.