Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good ole Disco. Another 0 apr year, and lower permanent apr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good ole Disco. Another 0 apr year, and lower permanent apr

Every 6 months I ask discover if I have any offers for lower apr or extra cash back.

1st time I got 0 apr for a year 2nd time I got lower permanent apr, 3rd I got 3% cb on everything for 6 months.

This time 0 apr for 1 year on older card, and slightly lower apr 18.99 on newer card.

Haven't used card in past 2 months much since its 5% cb not 10 anymore. 

But if they keep offering these offers ill keep both cards happily.  Btw 0 balance on both cards.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
BetterMoves
Regular Contributor

Re: Good ole Disco. Another 0 apr year, and lower permanent apr

I chatted a few days ago and also got the 0%/12 months. I wasn't expecting that, but I'll take it!

Wells Fargo Active Cash
Discover it Chrome
Amazon Prime Store (Synchrony)
Walmart Store Card (Capital One)
Citi Costco Anywhere
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass
American Express Gold
Message 2 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your 0% purchase APR and reduced APR%.

Message 3 of 17
CA4Closure
Regular Contributor

I have a high FICO score with Discover with <1% utilization and they will not lower my APR from 15.9% to 12%! They also will not give me a CLI even though I have an exemplary payment record with them. I am using my NFCU credit cards as my daily drivers now. Plus, Discover no longer has balance transfers for me. Every time they promote it on my profile I do not need it. When I need it, it is not available for me to use. 

So I am sock drawering the Discover card for the holidays in favor or NFCU Cash Rewards and AMEX Go Rewards cards.

Message 4 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@CA4Closure wrote:

I have a high FICO score with Discover with <1% utilization and they will not lower my APR from 15.9% to 12%! They also will not give me a CLI even though I have an exemplary payment record with them. I am using my NFCU credit cards as my daily drivers now. Plus, Discover no longer has balance transfers for me. Every time they promote it on my profile I do not need it. When I need it, it is not available for me to use. 

So I am sock drawering the Discover card for the holidays in favor or NFCU Cash Rewards and AMEX Go Rewards cards.

Count your blessings. Most of us arent getting cli either and dont have 38k limits such as yourself. Reality is it doesnt matter how much ones spend or how high ones with scores are with Miss Disco, she gives what she gives when she wants and id say she gave pretty nice with 38k 15% aprSmiley Wink. As for bts, a vast majority of us havent seen one in ages so thats just  how it goes especially in Covid times. 

Message 5 of 17
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@CA4Closure wrote:

As for bts, a vast majority of us havent seen one in ages so thats just  how it goes especially in Covid times. 

I was surprised to get BT offers on both my cards last month...  9 months 0% or 14 months 4.99%.   But both with a 5% fee!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Every 6 months I ask discover if I have any offers for lower apr or extra cash back ...

Congratulations ! You've worked them nicely. Smiley Wink

A couple of days ago I remembered to ask & was offered choice of lowering permanent APR or 0% for 12 months -- don't have plans right now to spend a lot (and carry a balance) on the card, so I opted for a new 12.24 APR. I've had quite a CLI drought with them so this is at least something.

Message 7 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Some folks can seem to work Miss Disco and others vie for her attention and affection....

-J

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Every 6 months I ask discover if I have any offers for lower apr or extra cash back ...

Congratulations ! You've worked them nicely. Smiley Wink

A couple of days ago I remembered to ask & was offered choice of lowering permanent APR or 0% for 12 months -- don't have plans right now to spend a lot (and carry a balance) on the card, so I opted for a new 12.24 APR. I've had quite a CLI drought with them so this is at least something.

Great minds think alike. I did the same thing as you a 5 months ago 😊.  I opted for the same APR as you- 12.24%.  Congrats to you!!

Message 9 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My calendar beeped yesterdaySmiley Wink. Gonna check what Miss Disco would like to give me on my ChromeSmiley Wink 

Probably ▪😄

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.