cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good rewards card for Sam's Club? I can't find one!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good rewards card for Sam's Club? I can't find one!

Greetings MFers!
I spend a good amount of money at Sam's Club but have not found a good rewards card to use there. The best I've seen are the strait 2% cards. Are there any cards I'm not seeing? My FICO 8s are all in the 770s. Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good rewards card for Sam's Club? I can't find one!

If I’m not mistaken, 2% is going to be it for Sam’s Club.

I use my Venture card there, as I also shop at Target and Walmart and these also get exempt from the higher cash back cards (this is a general rule, there are ways around that)
Message 2 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Unless Sam’s falls into a 5% category of a category card, I think 2% is the best you can do. There’s always the Alliant Visa Signature (2.5%), but that has an AF and is reportedly difficult to obtain. This may be a stupidly obvious question, but have you looked into the Sam’s Card? It will give you rewards AND save you huge money on gas. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Unless Sam’s falls into a 5% category of a category card, I think 2% is the best you can do. There’s always the Alliant Visa Signature (2.5%), but that has an AF and is reportedly difficult to obtain. This may be a stupidly obvious question, but have you looked into the Sam’s Card? It will give you rewards AND save you huge money on gas. 

But their credit card doesn't offer additional rewards for spending at Sam's Club last I checked if that's the goal for the OP

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

But their credit card doesn't offer additional rewards for spending at Sam's Club last I checked if that's the goal for the OP

The Sam's card only gives 1% back on Sam's Club purchases. I was hoping there was a card that had a warehouse store category year round at better than 2%. I don't spend enough on my non-catagory card to pay for the Alliant card. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

UMB has a 3% card but you have to be in their service area or find one of their affinity cards that's local to get it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.