Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye, Barclays

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodbye, Barclays

All it takes is one bad egg to ruin it for a customer. Outright refusing to transfer me to the retentions department when I've asked politely to be transfered, and still refusing after I go to close the account is beyond poor CS. I've never once contacted any representative of any company - Chase, Capital One, Credit One, Citicards, Bank of America, local banks, and so on - that behaved so apahetic and rude on the phone (up to the point of making audible sighs during the conversation) with no regard to the fact that a customer is about to close their account for valid reasons.

Somehow I don't think I was the only customer treated as such by this representative, and anybody who behaves that way in that position ought not to be doing anything customer service-related. The fact that Barclaycard even *employed* such a poor CSR for presumably more than a day to begin with is enough of a turn-off for me, combined with the lackluster card and zero reason to keep their product around.

I never experienced as much joy as I did when I shredded that plastic.

To those commenting, I'm not sure how your overall positive experience has any bearing on my own experience. I don't see it as relevant whatsoever. Every previous Barclays rep or analyst was very pleasant to me despite their interrogations and false advice they provided. I had all good customer service prior, albeit inaccurate information and insane policies.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you. Good riddance indeed.
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their customer service can leave one wanting.
Message 23 of 25
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

This is one of the reasons I was disappointed when Jetblue moved over to Barclays from Amex, Barclays is just too finicky and touchy at times. I am actually glad I never applied for the original Jetblue card (I was considering it) because if I would have, Barclays would eventually in a few months get their CLD sniffing nose into my credit report.Smiley Indifferent

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 24 of 25
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

I'm kind of on the fence with barclay, they were my second card after capital one, and my first card to give me 1,000cl. My experience with cr has been ok, and they did reduce my apr, but it has not grown much, it's at 1500 currently when my capital once card has grown from 500 to 7000cl and it's only 2 months older! Plus I was denied for the ring card, due to many inquires and recon was a no go. So I might be getting rid of them if after a year I don't see any improvement!

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.