Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye USAA...

tag
Flex1
Regular Contributor

Goodbye USAA...

Their SL can be absolutely ridiculous at times and I wish I wouldn't have wasted the hp.   I don't need multiple military financial institutions and Navy Fed has been a perfect fit, in every way possible. If they continue to impress me in the future, the way they have in the past and present, I can't wish for a better place to give my business to. Every financial institution I patronize moving forward has to make me feel like I'm recognized as an individual, valuable and treated as such. 

31 REPLIES 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Goodbye USAA...

AdiosSmiley Wink. I feel your sentiment. Unfortunatrly most if not all banks view us as numbers and the moment we no longer serve their purpose, we become expendable. I do thoroughly enjoy how Navy treats its customer base though. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 32
OmarR
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Unfortunately most if not all banks view us as numbers and the moment we no longer serve their purpose, we become expendable.

Exactly.

I diversify and have accounts with USAA, Navy Federal, PenFed, Fort Knox, Vantage West, Nusenda, US Bank & Chase.

When they no longer serve my purpose, I will stop banking with them. For me, a crappy SL is not one those reasons.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 3 of 32
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Huh, USAA does give CLI's. Every 181 days like clockwork you can request one. They do make the HP worth while IME.

The last time I checked, Navy doesn't offer auto or mortgage insurance. Do as you like, but I wouldn't be so hasty to drop them.

IMHO, credit card SLs have no bearing on how well these FI's can serve your needs.

Message 4 of 32
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Huh, USAA does give CLI's. Every 181 days like clockwork you can request one. They do make the HP worth while IME.

The last time I checked, Navy doesn't offer auto or mortgage insurance. Do as you like, but I wouldn't be so hasty to drop them.

IMHO, credit card SLs have no bearing on how well these FI's can serve your needs.

I agree nodding.gif

I agree.. 

I have USAA Auto Ins and a VISA with rewards. Looking to move my home policy over there next. 

My SL was only $1000 but it's grown fairly quickly. First CLI was w/o a HP and second was with a HP CL now is $9500. 

I also have NFCU & PenFed, very happy with both but again, the USAA Insurance products are quite good and you can add/delete/change coverage, everything from the website.. 

To each his own OP, your prerogative but SL's are just that starting limits. 

PEACESIGN.gif

Message 5 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I agree nodding.gif

I agree.. 

I have USAA Auto Ins and a VISA with rewards. Looking to move my home policy over there next. 

My SL was only $1000 but it's grown fairly quickly. First CLI was w/o a HP and second was with a HP CL now is $9500. 

I also have NFCU & PenFed, very happy with both but again, the USAA Insurance products are quite good and you can add/delete/change coverage, everything from the website.. 

To each his own OP, your prerogative but SL's are just that starting limits. 

PEACESIGN.gif

OP, echoing what's mentioned above, you're going to be vastly disappointed in a variety of lenders if the SL for any potential product is what drives the overall business relationship.  Sure, the vast majority of folks like some wiggle room, but USAA seems pretty flexible in the growth aspect of most CC products.   It seems like lots of folks feel slighted for not getting what they would expect, but you have to also look deeper to understand what drove the reasoning behind getting that SL to begin with.  

Message 6 of 32
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Flex1 wrote:

Their SL can be absolutely ridiculous at times and I wish I wouldn't have wasted the hp.   I don't need multiple military financial institutions and Navy Fed has been a perfect fit, in every way possible. If they continue to impress me in the future, the way they have in the past and present, I can't wish for a better place to give my business to. Every financial institution I patronize moving forward has to make me feel like I'm recognized as an individual, valuable and treated as such. 

May I ask if you were with NFCU why did you go to USAA? I am not a member of either one. But from being on here. NFCU kinda spanks USAA. USAA let you join and gave you credit. You may not like the SL. But IMO its not a right to get a high SL, its a privilege. Its their money not yours. Like Pika said. They grow and you can grow with it. Simple.

Message 7 of 32
Flex1
Regular Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Flex1 wrote:

May I ask if you were with NFCU why did you go to USAA? I am not a member of either one. But from being on here. NFCU kinda spanks USAA. USAA let you join and gave you credit. You may not like the SL. But IMO its not a right to get a high SL, its a privilege. Its their money not yours. Like Pika said. They grow and you can grow with it. Simple.

I went with USAA and then NFCU shortly after. You're right, NFCU spanks USAA. Having said that, many people like/tolerate USAA for the insurance perks that many receive. SL may be priviledge. Maybe I'm a snob, but I have an personal opinion about low SL's. I don't keep them, although its rare that I do get a low SL. There are few here who canceled their USAA credit card for the same reason. And as well, there are many here who are happy to take whatever they get with a smile. Full disclosure...I'm not the later of the two. It was posted that low SL can have a negative impact on your insurance score. I live in Michigan and we pretty much pay the highest for insurance in the country. I have found that higher CL's attract higher 'CL's. That's been my experience. USAA was a stray cat. 

I work in the financial sector. I see credit reports everyday. People don't always, automatically, get lowest rates. Sometimes they have to demand it, and of course they'll get it, as the businesses don't want to lose them. I see SL's the same way. If you have great credit you should get a nice SL, but that doesn't always happen. However, its up to the consumer to know where they stand and get what they deserve. If you have ok credit, you take what you can get. If you have great credit, you deserve the best and should be in the position to demand or take other options.  So that fact that some think an SL is just that is like saying a starting interest rate is just that, as you can always refinance later. 

Message 8 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Flex, please please tell that to DiscoverSmiley Happy CreditCuriousity will thank you for itSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit  Twist that knife some more Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.