cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye forever, Cap One Quicksilver.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodbye forever, Cap One Quicksilver.

First off, congrats on closing a card! It’s important to get rid of accounts that don’t work for us. But Cap is a good friend of mine so I will give my little word.

You forget that most of us on this forum aren’t the people they make money on. They have a business model that works for them. Us PIF and higher efficient rewards spenders aren’t going to make them money. It’s going to be balance carriers. If you are carrying balances month to month for long periods, they might open up the bucket but whats the point of rewards then?

Cap1 wants you to carry a balance. AMEX wants you to swipe as much as possible. Chase wants you to use their other banking products.

Cap1 has been a great starter card for me and others. I don’t spend much on it now as I have been sucked into AMEX because I find more value to these cards. But for someone who wants a no frills MC or Visa accepted everywhere, QS is great.
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I am just trying to understand why there is so much hate for Capital One on this site. 

and it just makes me wonder what I am missing. 

Sometimes, I think, the issue lies in the saying, "It's not what you say but the way how you say it" kinda thing (me in an old folgie way).  Our credit reports are a personal thing and when discussing issues pertaining to our credit, things that reflect on our credit...well it's a fine line between taking a personal stance vs. an issuer stance ie. bucketed cards not bucketed ppl. 

So Capital One does have a lot of feedback/complaints about issues with CSR's and feeling like the CSR they have spoken with could gives a rats-tail about your needs or wants.  I think that's why.

But Citi has an even worse reputation when it comes to CSRs from what I have seen (and witnessed when trying to help my personal care assistant get some fraud charges disputed). 

Customer service is pretty universally despised. Nobody likes dealing with CSRs at any big bank if they can avoid it. If the heart of the issue is customer service, I guess I just haven't had a poor experience with them. I have always had courteous reps, whether they were empowered to help me or not. 

Message 22 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have always had courteous reps, whether they were empowered to help me or not. 

BINGO! You have "always" had but a lot of us, including myself, have not. 

Recent example: Back in April I qualified for the SAVOR, so while driving back home I called a Cap1 rep who argued that I did not have that, that I did not see that, she finished her sentence with a "Hmmp".  So I hucb, next CSR was easier to speak with but I still hung up (politely)........I was shook from first call.  So I went home, went online again and there it was, the pre-qual.

Ssl, I applied and got it.  But why would a trained representative give the run-around, idk....it happens, but it seems to happen a lot according to reviews.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have always had courteous reps, whether they were empowered to help me or not. 

BINGO! You have "always" had but a lot of us, including myself, have not. 

Recent example: Back in April I qualified for the SAVOR, so while driving back home I called a Cap1 rep who argued that I did not have that, that I did not see that, she finished her sentence with a "Hmmp".  So I hucb, next CSR was easier to speak with but I still hung up (politely)........I was shook from first call.  So I went home, went online again and there it was, the pre-qual.

Ssl, I applied and got it.  But why would a trained representative give the run-around, idk....it happens, but it seems to happen a lot according to reviews.  

I mean I don't doubt it. I used to work for Comcast after all and was one of the few people who actually cared about the customers who called. I rarely have to call them though because I never have issues with the card. When I do call, it's usually very late at night as well which tends to be less stressful for the people who are working so that could easily have something to do with it. 

The reps are extremely limited in what they can see or do so it wouldn't surprise me if the rep actually wasn't lying about what she saw vs what you did but yeah arguing with a customer is never okay. 

Message 24 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The reps are extremely limited in what they can see or do so it wouldn't surprise me if the rep actually wasn't lying about what she saw vs what you did but yeah arguing with a customer is never okay. 

They are limited, so should their crossing the line with a personal jab/flavor/whatever you wanna call it be expected?  No, and I know you agree. They are paid to represent and assist, no more-no less.  Anyhow, I believe that's why you see a lot of complaints that, to you, may seem unwarranted or even slightly self-deserving, but there is usually a legitamate reason for a negative post and a lot of the times it boils down to how the CSR responded.  I like Cap1 and most of the CSR's responses but I will never like the darned 3 hp's, eva! hahaha!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 25 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

A variety of valuable opinions have already been shared from multiple angles, and a much similar topic has been well-covered in the OP's previous thread.  At the risk of this topic going in circles, the thread has run its course and is now closed to new comments.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Cap1-NO-human-customer-service-Algorithms-...

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.