Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Alot of Love From CapOne

tag
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Re: Got Alot of Love From CapOne

@Anonymous wrote:

All scores around 675, 1 baddie collection from 2009, paid as agreed. Otherwise, my aaoa is way down from this year and I have a lot of inqs. Otherwise a clean report

I don't think it has anything to do with your report. Just hang on and garden, and you'll see things turning around sometime in 2012!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SevenNEW wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All scores around 675, 1 baddie collection from 2009, paid as agreed. Otherwise, my aaoa is way down from this year and I have a lot of inqs. Otherwise a clean report

I don't think it has anything to do with your report. Just hang on and garden, and you'll see things turning around sometime in 2012!

Gardening is the plan for the next 8-10 months. If I don't get a decent CLI from Cap1 next year, I'll probably end up closing the account becuase I refuse to sockdrawer a card with a $39 AF. Besides, by then my scores will probably be 700+ and I'll be able to get approved for prime cards.  I don't want a huge CLI, but bumping the card to $750+ would be nice...

Message 12 of 22
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

i hope i do i am going to be changed over to cap 1 from hsbc  i hope they will give me as much love as hsbc did

Message 13 of 22
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SevenNEW wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gardening is the plan for the next 8-10 months. If I don't get a decent CLI from Cap1 next year, I'll probably end up closing the account becuase I refuse to sockdrawer a card with a $39 AF. Besides, by then my scores will probably be 700+ and I'll be able to get approved for prime cards.  I don't want a huge CLI, but bumping the card to $750+ would be nice...

Great -- yes, if it comes with an AF you are definitely right. Of course, I would wait until other cards arrive before getting rid of it, unless you have other active cards and have a good control over your util.

4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 14 of 22
tburns
Regular Contributor

Well my steps just kicked into today. Logged on and had a $750 CL. Opened it in may.

Hopefully this isn't the only CLI I ever get on this account but from everything I read it most likely is....

Message 15 of 22
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@tburns wrote:

Well my steps just kicked into today. Logged on and had a $750 CL. Opened it in may.

Hopefully this isn't the only CLI I ever get on this account but from everything I read it most likely is....

If you use the card and PIF every time you will probably get at lease another one to ca $ 1500. Many people (myself included) reached their top limit around $ 2,500-3,000. (I got $ 2,750, and never one more dime in three years).

4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SevenNEW wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SevenNEW wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Great -- yes, if it comes with an AF you are definitely right. Of course, I would wait until other cards arrive before getting rid of it, unless you have other active cards and have a good control over your util.

My uti is going down, and I do have other cards, but I probably won't cancel my cap1 until I have a good replacement. It's just difficult sometimes to keep uti down with lower limit cards. Should be easier now with another $1500 TL with barclays though

Message 17 of 22
TXFJR

I have had a Cap1 card for a few years with 10K limit.  Opened another called Signature w/ Cap1 also for 10K CL.  I called yesterday and had them move my rewards from the old card to the new and then closed that other Cap1 card.  I was wondering if they wouldn't just kick the CL to 20K on the Signature.  Right now I have 9K on that Signature card because they gave me no interest for 1 year w/ min. pmt being made.  Should I call and ask them to increase that 10K to 20?  Oh, I have several other cards with strong use and pmt history, some of them I have had for 20+ years.  So no big deal closing out that other Cap1.

Message 18 of 22
johnnie198x
Contributor

@TXFJR wrote:

I have had a Cap1 card for a few years with 10K limit.  Opened another called Signature w/ Cap1 also for 10K CL.  I called yesterday and had them move my rewards from the old card to the new and then closed that other Cap1 card.  I was wondering if they wouldn't just kick the CL to 20K on the Signature.  Right now I have 9K on that Signature card because they gave me no interest for 1 year w/ min. pmt being made.  Should I call and ask them to increase that 10K to 20?  Oh, I have several other cards with strong use and pmt history, some of them I have had for 20+ years.  So no big deal closing out that other Cap1.

What's your FICO score when you applied for the Signature? Like 800+?

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 19 of 22
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@johnnie198x wrote:

@TXFJR wrote:

What's your FICO score when you applied for the Signature? Like 800+?

Yes -- definitely not a rebuilder card LOL!

4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.