Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got CLI from Chase

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Got CLI from Chase

I called and asked for CLI on my Chase/Starbucks Card. They increased it by $500  that is from $3800 to $4300. Guess not bad. I must be keeping my accounts in order to get this cli.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got CLI from Chase

Congrats.  I've been wanting to get a CLI on my BoA but they've never been as friendly to me as Chase.

Krystofur 

Message 2 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I had luck with BOA also. I had 99/500 card which bacame unsecure around July 2008 with CL $1k. Now I have $7100 CL on that card. I am trying to see if they would increase it to $10K. BOA is tough. I like the card that is issued by FIA Card Services as Soveringn Bank Amex Card. I love the cash rewards I get out of that card.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just have the regular BoA platinum card.  It's just a year old this month with the original 5k limit.  I'd like to get it up to the 10 k range, have asked twice, once at 6 months and once at 10 months with no luck.  Of course, I had a 4.5 k BT on it the whole time, so that probably didn't help.  The BT was paid off this week but I'm not sure I should rock the boat now.

Krystofur 

Message 4 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Ask them at the 12 month mark.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll think about it.  Now tha tthe BT is paid off I really don't need it.

Krystofur 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a little off subject, but how do you like your Starbucks Chase Visa?  I actually was thinking of apping since I usually don't use enough credit to benefit from rewards, but I think I actually would use these rewards since I am a total Starbucks junkie.

Message 7 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The Starbucks card is kind of pointless, it's cute to hand over when you get your coffee every day but the 3% is matched by there Freedom card.

I traded out my Starbucks card for the Speedway card to get 5 cents off on gas and 40 speedway points. 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a little off subject, but how do you like your Starbucks Chase Visa?  I actually was thinking of apping since I usually don't use enough credit to benefit from rewards, but I think I actually would use these rewards since I am a total Starbucks junkie.

You are better off going with the Chase Freedom or preferrably the Freedom Plus card. I'm at Starbucks everyday and I just used my Freedom card to reload my Starbucks card once a week. It winds up being one of my top 6 spending categories (I guess it falls under meals and entertainment or something along those lines) and I earn 3% back instead of the cheaper rewards on the actual Starbucks version. 

----

Hey Concord, did they give you that $500 for free or did it cost you a hard?

Message 9 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I like my Starbucks card. Some thing different and I do like drining starbucks coffee. I asked chase if they would do a product change for a cashback rewards card and they said I can not do product change to the cash rewards card. I'll keep this card for a while. I love the fresh smell of starbucks coffee and it keeps my day going.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.