Got CLI on Macy's. New limit $1100

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Got CLI on Macy's. New limit $1100

No hard inq's for me when I got the CLI from Macy's

mjgray wrote:
Hey Concord.. question for you:

Your increases to $400 and $1100 -- were those the result of hard pulls?

I'm curious because each time I've requested a Macy's increase without a hard pull, they've only increased by $100. So I'm wondering if they have a "soft = $100" guideline.

Maybe I'll get luckier next time.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats in the CLI. That's great.
Message 12 of 19
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

That's so awesome!  Congrats!  I love Macy's, I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Message 13 of 19
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

I called for a GLI yesterday and Macy's raised my limit from $3200 to $5000 with no hard pull! I've made a small purchase every month for the last 6 months - a wallet, some kitchen utensils, a dress... always PIF before the statement dropped.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's about 4 months since I got my last CLI with Macy's (never had a hard pull for a CLI, and I've gone from $100 to the current $700 with something in between ($300? $400? I forget!) - I've been thinking about calling and asking for another CLI but am not so sure they'll say yes, as I've not used the card at all in about 2 months and have barely been spending anything on it at all even when I have been using it.

Think I'll have to go on a Macy's shopping spree before I ask for another CLI - last time I got a wallet, the time before that a purse... guess it's time for a visit to the Clinique counter! I'd feel cheeky calling and asking for a CLI when I've had a zero balance on the thing for months. Maybe I'll say I want to make some BIG purchases (new house and all that) and therefore need a decent CLI! Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

codeman5022 wrote:
cool, thank you.
I just got my card at the beginning of this week, called and got the limit from $100 to $300. CSR told me to call back in 3 months for a GLI. how big were your purchases?

The reason you were able to get it raised in the first week was because this was an identity verification measure. When they grant it instantly they usually only give $100 as a means to lower their risk in the case of identity theft. If you call in and you can verify information they usually raise it to 300-1000 (though I have heard of 1500 or higher) depending on what they view your credit worthiness.
Message 16 of 19
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

I agree Macys has been awesome. I started out with 300 CL now less then a year later Im up to 1000. At first I called every month to request a CLI. Now I'll call about every 60-90 days.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kartel34, When you called every month, did they grant a CLI each time? If so, how long did you do this for?
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well... after all my fretting about whether I should ask for a CLI (thinking they'd say 'you've barely touched the card since the last increase, what do you want MORE credit for???'), I called Macy's tonight... nice CLI from $700 to $1400. Very happy with that - now maybe I should actually show the card some action before my next routine 90-days-CLI call in September! Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.